Chapter 5

The lair seemed silent as the gem still laid there in the pillow. Donnie's pod arrived and slowly began to release the softshell turtle. The other pods arrived and everyone tumbled right out.

"Everyone okay? Anybody hurt?" April asked them.

"How did we get here?" Mikey asked.

"Donnie pods," Donnie muttered. "We've never had to use those before."

"Oh, God," Rin tumbled down on the floor, shifting back to her turtle form. Tiny bits of blood leaked from her hand.

"Are you okay?" Ikioi asked her.

"They cut my hands but at least they didn't strike me," Rin panted.

"Where is Galaxy anyway?" Nebula asked.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" A scream made them turn. Galaxy was stumbling backwards, away from something. "Roach! Roach! Get that thing away from me!"

Tomoka knew what it was. Isora and her gang. She stood up delighted and ran to where Galaxy was. The roaches were on the gem that Shira had left it.

"Isora! Guys!" she cried. "You came back!"

But her joy didn't even surprise her when they saw them. Those roaches are different from the sanitizedes ones. They are colorful. One of them was orange, green and blue. Strangely, the blue roach has different hair and something was strange about the eyes. They were normal looking and brightly lit up like a lanturn. Tomoka's expression softened into a dumbstrucked look.

"Ooooohhh... Oh. You're not them."

"What is going on with their appearance?" Manako asked. "They look colorful."

"They don't look scary," Reika responded. "They are weird."

"But I'm glad that we didn't squat them."

I wouldn't need help from a person at all, a voice answered.

"And you were near the gem that's for sure," Tomoka said. Suddenly, her blue eyes went wide when she heard that female voice. "Wait... You talked?!"

The yell made the others jump. The blue cockroach with the weird hair giggled. I did, the blue bug said.

"Tomoka, did you just bang your head?" April asked.

"I didn't! I heard the roach speaking to me," Tomoka chirped.

"Tomoka, dear sweet Tomoka," Donnie said soothingly. "You have gotten a bad bump on the head, that's all."

She is not! a male voice squeaked. Donnie froze and realized he was hearing things. He looked and saw that the green one was talking.

"Oh, boy," he gasped. "He's talking."

"Now you two have gone insane," Manako said.

"It's alright," Tomoka told them. "They are using a thing called telepathy."

Of course, the blue ink roach answered. I am Miyuki, gum chewing rook of the Inkling Team.

"Miyuki," Tomoka repeated. "That is a weird bug name. What are your names?" She was referring to the orange and green ones. They told them their names but... Tomoka couldn't understand what they were saying.

"Their names are Marky and Dee Dee," Donnie told her.

That's right, Marky chirped. I know it sounds weird and all but we can only communicate to only male psychic members only.

And this gumball is huge! Dee Dee squeaked.

Miyuki pulled the dragon gem away. Don't eat that. It's not even food.