Chapter 12

Leo felt his consciousness awakening again, his eyes slip open. He didn't know what happened but the last time he was here, Casey, Pavi, Reika, Shira and the four Yokai crashed here. He lifted up his head, seeing that they had fallen down. The concrete has covered the exit and all the debris has crashed around. He slowly inched his way out as soon as Shira woke up in his arms.

More bubbles had formed. It stretched over from her right arm and a few on her legs. Bigger bubbles had formed on her hips and her head.

Pavi got up as well. She was by a nearby corner as Reika emerged from the rubble, her head covered with bruises. "Shira, are you okay?" Pavi moaned weakly.

"I think so," she moaned. "But barely."

"Damn," Reika growled, pulling out of the rubble. She began to fix her skeleton wing, popping it back in place as she groaned. "That's gotta leave a scar."

Meloetta clutched her head as soon as Twilight and Akua pulled Celebi out. The green fairy cried in pain as she clutched her arm. Her arm was broken and scarred as if the rubble had crushed her.

"Celebi," Shira gasped. "You're hurt."

Celebi let out a whining moan, clutching her wound. Shira began to inch closer and picked her up.

"Hang on, Celebi," Pavi told the fairy. "I'll try and patch you up." As soon as Pavi starts to get her medical supplies, Casey emerges out of the rubble. They were inside an old control room and there was no way out.

"Casey, you okay?" Leo asked him. He tried to get up, but was still weak. His entire body was covered with bruises, possibly a broken rib and a twisted fist. His wings were covered with dust as he stretched them back into place and folded. Then he lifted his communicator from his arm. "Donnie, Mikey, anybody?"

Casey didn't know why it just happened. He slid down the rubble to Leo, with a very upset look.

"What the heck was that? Why weren't you listening to anybody?" Casey barked at the turtle, although he always knew that Leo was being selfish and wasn't listening to the team.

"Because I was trying to get us into the other side of that fight and into the building!" Leo glared, figuring the plan was supposed to work perfectly.

"That sure worked out well," Reika hissed angrily, folding her arms up.

"I was doing everything right."

The leatherback sea turtle watched helplessly, wondering what she could say. After all, why is Leo making bad decisions?

"How could it go wrong?" Shira asked with a downhearted expression, while she carried Celebi. "Where did he get everything wrong?"

"Because he wasn't listening to your team," Casey replied, honestly. "Besides, Celebi got herself injured by that monster." He then turned his head back to Leo. "You don't have all the answers all the time."

"But I'm the greatest ninja the world's ever seen," Leo barked, defending himself. "You said that."

This is ridiculous. Why could the others see that he was trying to be the greatest ninja? The pressure of this situation was all on Leo.

Casey went still for a long time before he answered in a cold, venomous voice. "I was wrong."

"What?"

"You're impulsive, you're arrogant, and you don't see that every decision you make could cost someone their life," the teen scHolded. Pavi's eyes are filled with horror as Akua begins to whimper. Shira began to pick Twilight up as the one eyed turtle looked away. Reika was understanding now because Casey knew. The red eared slider turned away as soon as the human continued on. "You want to know what really happened to your siblings in the future? They die. Everybody dies fighting the Krang. The world needs Master Leonardo, and all I get is this guy."