Chapter 20

As for the dragons, they had returned to their world Kumandra in the Hidden Yokai World. All of their loved ones had been waiting for them ever since they died or turned to stone. Kylan arrived back in the mountains of Spine where he finds his village greeting him back, before running over happily to join them. Deet and the glavinugs arrive back in Talon's high cloudy heavens. The Angels and bird yokai were happy to see her again. From Tail, Jen arrived back to see the robots and his squeakers on the pier waiting for him. Jen sails over to them happily. From the volcanoes of Fang, Seladon saw the lava people embracing their loved ones they thought they'd lost for good. They danced and turned their faces to the rain poured down on them. Seladon smiled as she headed inside her cave.

From Heart, the sun was just starting to rise when Aiya approached the Heart Bridge. She emerged from the forest trying to steady her nerves. Her heart was jumping like a wild Ongi in her chest. She remembered why that leatherback sea turtle gave her that look. Instead of the lack of trust, she is kind, gentle and sweet because she understood how Aiya felt. She remembered that her dad had turned to stone and she was so blinded by rage, Kumandra was a fairytale once and her only goal was to bring her back and kill those who ruined everything. But something drove that rage away. A soulful eye destroyed her evil self and snapped her back to reality and calmed her anger. She finally understood now because the way to save Kumandra is not trust. It was love.

Something made Aiya look up. A lone figure stood on the bridge looking lost. Aiya watched silently as the dragon limped over and picked up a broken withered flag. As he looked at it, his shoulders slumped with sadness.

"Ba?" Aiya softy said.

The old dragon turned. His mouth opened with surprise. "Dewdrop?"

With a sob, the Life Dragoness ran into her father's arms. "Ba!"

Tears streamed down Aiya's face. For so many years, almost one thousand years she'd dreamed of this moment. She almost couldn't believe it had finally come. She never wanted to let go of him.

But after a moment, the old dragon stepped away. When Aiya looked at him, she saw he was gazing past her, his face full of awe.

Without even turning, Aiya knew why. He had spotted Sifa.

As the Legend Dragoness stepped onto the bridge, the old dragon bowed to her in respect, forming his hands in a circle over his forehead.

"Is that really her?" the dragon whispered to Aiya, as if he didn't trust his own eyes.

Aiya nodded.

"Chief Ordon," Sifa said, her voice warm with affection. "The new hero, Shira, made you proud. Hope you don't mind, she brought some friends."

Sifa stepped aside. Ordon looked past her, stunned. A beaming Jen stood with his Squeakers, Deet waved from the clouds as the glavinugs fly above, Kylan stood with his mountain family. Seladon was there with her flaming warriors. And behind them, stretching far into the distance were hundreds of Mystic Dragons from Magic, Water, Undead, Ice, Life, Fire, Earth, Air, Tech and every Yokai folk all standing side by side. Tears of joy filled Ordon's eyes. In pairs and groups, the dragons started to cross the bridge, each individual bowing to the old dragon as they passed. Aiya smiled and squeezed her father's hand.

"Ba?" she said. "Welcome to Kumandra."

As the crowd moves in to cross the bridge, Ordon looks at Aiya. This is more than anything he could have dreamed of. As Ordon and Aiya walk into Heart with the crowd, he puts an arm around her and she leans her head on his shoulder. Sifa smiled before she joined the other mystic dragons and her siblings into the sky. Many breezies fly and waved.

One last Breezie, Tra La La flies to you, who was reading this book, waves goodbye.

She giggles as she flies away.