Chapter 14

Everyone seemed to have made out alive. They began to rest on top of the rooftop as Shira trembled with horror. Pavi was traumatized by what she saw of her brother. He had turned against them and joined the Krang.

"I can't believe it..." she panted. "What are they gonna do to her?"

'I don't know," Nebula said. "They took Meloetta and Raph is a Corrupted."

"Raph..." Reika sobbed. "I can't believe they did this to him."

"That is what they do," Galaxy said. "They mutate you, turn into a freak, and lose all of your memories."

"Raph must have become a Corrupted when Pielope used a Curse Soul," Nebula said.

"A Curse Soul?" Shira gasped.

"Yes," She nodded. "It is a very dangerous soul that could corrupt a person. It was mixed with Druun and krang mass that would make you feel like you died. Your memories, your personality, even your name will be forgotten."

"So they used it on Raph," Leo muttered. "But Meloetta is gone."

"I wonder what is gonna happen to her?" Manako whimpered.

Everyone looked up at the sky, which was now turning into a bloody red.

"A shame our brethren didn't survive the prison dimension," Krang said as Pielope floated by. The infected Raph was carrying Meloetta. The fairy struggled and tried to get out of the mass.

Krang continued on. "Then, again, their weakness has no place in my new krang empire. Open and bring unto this world the mighty power of krang!"

He then began to place the key into the slot and the tower charged up causing an electrical shortage. People screamed in fear as a beacon of light opened up.

"And of course, we have the songstress here," Pielope included.

Meloetta struggled to get out of the vines as soon as she saw a giant crystal above. What is gonna happen now?

"Go ahead, Pielope," the alien told her. "Put her in."

Before Meloetta could even wonder what was happening, she was pulled right onto the crystal and restrained her. The young fairy tried to get out, but it was no use.

"You poor soul," Pielope teased. "You thought that we could have used a songstress to open the invasion. Shira is useless to me. But you? You're perfect so the crystal and those orbs will lose its light so the dragon gem will never get its glow."

Meloetta whimpered. Then she saw the four orbs surrounding the crystal. One was white with a tribal Celebi carving on it. Another was a blue orb with a tribal Manaphy carving. The third was a green orb with a tribal shaymin carving. The last one was a pink orb with a tribal Luvi carving.

"You really want to know why we have these crystal orbs?" Pielope asked her. "That's right. We stole them from the Sea Monarch goddess, Pilo. She was one of the Yokai gods who protects this world."

Meloetta gasped in horror. Did the Krang really steal them?

"Soon, after the orbs lose their power, time, space, balance and dreams will turn into chaos and distrust. And soon after the light is gone, everyone in the entire world will be turned to stone by the Druun and some who survived into Krang."

Meloetta could not believe it. So the Krang wanted to turn the entire world into nothing but stone and ash? This is terrible. Pielope turned her head to the Krang. The alien was holding a strange music control booth. "Go ahead," she muttered. "Play the song."