Chapter Seven

I thought I'd try this chapter in Brendon's POV. Please comment what you think and if I should do more in his POV.

Also, special thanks to my editor, RSD_angel! Without her none of this would be possible!

***

I pulled up in Alex's driveway, not wanting the night to end. But time stops for no one, not even me. Although I wish it would just this once.

I opened Alex's door and she thanked me as she got out of the car. I walked with her to her porch steps. I stopped her. Now's the time to kiss her. But my mind drifted back to that day at my house, when I tried to kiss her and she rejected me. I can't bring myself to do it.

"Thanks for tonight. I had a great time," she says smiling.

"I did too."

There's an awkward silence between us. "I guess I'll see you later?" I say in an attempt to break it.

"I guess so. Bye Brendon." She says. Alex turns and walks through her front door. I can see her twirling in her dress before she closes the door. She has no idea what she does to me. The way she seems to live in her own little world of happiness. When she smiles her eyes sparkle and she exceptionally beautiful. Her laugh is melodic.

I watch her close the door behind her and I get back in my car and drive home.

I shouldn't keep letting her slip through my fingers like. I've had so many opportunities to kiss her or show her how I feel, but I worry and then I can't do it. If I don't get it together soon, I might lose her and she may never come back.

Later that night, I'm laying on my bed struggling to decide whether or not I should text her. You have to man up, I tell myself.

Me: Hey.
  Alex: Hey there! Did you make it home okay?
Me: Yeah, I just wanted to tell you thanks for coming with me.
Alex: What? I'm the one who should be thanking you!!
Me: Haha, well I'm getting pretty tired. Good night and I'll see you tomorrow. 
Alex: good night, Bren.

At least she knows I thought of her. From what she said she thought of me too. Maybe I do have a chance.  I smiled.

I was almost asleep when my phone went off again. Alex? I check the message. No, just Spencer. Bummer.

Spencer: hey bro.
  Me: hey.
Spencer: do you like Alex??
Me: uhh, why?
Spencer: because you guys are like inseparable and every time I see you with her, you look different. As if you are...
Me: don't say it!
Spencer: IN LOVE.
Me: she's just a nice girl, that's all.
Spencer: sure, I "believe" you.

I drop my phone onto the bed beside of me and stare at the ceiling. Could I be in love? Is this what love feels like? No, I haven't known her long enough. Or have I? Does love have a time frame? I'm probably just over thinking. Yeah, that all it is. She's just my friend.

But at night do you dream of dating a friend?

Probably not.