Chapter Thirty Two

It's been a week and four days since the accident. I'm still in the hospital, but I've been feeling so much better since that first day from waking up. Everyone is so helpful, including Brendon. Usually, he stays the whole day until midnights. He never left my side through it all. I've been walking around and eating more. I should be getting out around now.

"Hello, love." Brendon said, walking through the doors.

"Hey. When can we leave this place?" I asked.

"Actually.." He said holding papers in front of his face. "Now."

"Thank god." I said, getting up and grabbing my bag.

"Whoa! We have to sign papers first," he laughed.

"You sign them, I'm ready to leave."

"Fine, but you need to sign this one part."

After signing the papers and getting some normal clothes on, we went to the lobby and waited for the receptionist to tell us we can go.

"Mrs. Parker you can leave now," the receptionist called.

I smiled at her and turned to Brendon. We exchanged looks and left for the exit. Once we opened the doors to leave, we went straight to the car. I got in and waited for Brendon to get in on his side.

"So what do you want to do?" He said, wiggling around in his seat.

"I really just want to feel back to normal again." I said, slumping into the chair.

"You will, trust me, we need to get you home to find some clothes. Not fancy," he said smiling.

"Okay, but you're driving."

"Ohh, I'll be driving you for a good while," he laughed.

"Laugh it up while you can Urie." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, I will. For the next couple of years or so." He said, putting the car in drive and heading on our way.

On the car ride home, we talked about if I remembered anything from the crash and things like that. It was a little awkward, but I didn't care. Even if I tried to hold things in from him, I always end up telling him everything. He's the only one I've ever opened up to before and I was glad for that. I always kept things bottled up until he came. It feels nice to let things out every now and then.

"We're here. Now, go get some clothes, I'll be waiting," he said.

"Okay."

I went inside of my apartment. I went into my bedroom and got out a pair of jeans and a lacy top. I put my hair up in a ponytail and put a little mascara on. I covered up the bruise on my cheek and the one above my right eyebrow. I didn't do much, but at least it made me look a little okay. I got my Vans on and walked out the door and to Brendon's car.

"Even when you don't try, you still look beautiful." He said.

"Thanks, so where are we going?"

"Can't say, but it will take at least two hours."

"Why?" I complained.

"Because," he said.

"Fine." I said laying my head down on the seat.

After a couple of hours, I felt as if I was somewhere I've been before. It felt like home.

"Are we at our old house?" I asked.
"Ding ding," he said, "That's for me to know and you to find out."

I smiled as I looked out the window. Nothing's changed since then. The houses and stores still in the same condition as they once were. It feels relaxing to be here. We ended up on a lookout. I remembered it because it was the one he took me to after graduation.

"And we're here." He said.

"I've missed this place."

"I wish we could go back."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I miss it. I miss everything," he said.

"We all miss the past, but we have to look forward to the future." I said, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, but I miss this the most. I miss Ryan and Spencer. I miss everyone."

" I know, Brendon. I miss it too."

My arms wrap around him and I lay my head on his chest. He then wraps his arms around me, holding me safe, and we stare off into the setting sun. I breathe in his scent. It makes my stomach flip and my heart race and the way his arms are around me makes me short of breath. But it's a breathlessness I love and often crave, a feeling only he can provoke from me. Just being near him or hearing his voice sends that thrill through me. I'm not sure what it is about him that I can't get enough of. He strokes my hair and my heart squeezes, stopping its job momentarily.

I look up to Brendon. I've always had to look up to him; I'm only 5'3. But this time, when I look into his eyes, I see love radiating from them. A deep love, a look I haven't seen from anyone in a long time. His lips curl back into a smile.

"Can I kiss you?"

"Please," I reply.

And we do.