Chapter Twenty Six

I woke up in an unusual place. I was on a couch and no one seemed to be in the room. I got up to look outside. It was dark. My memory came into place and then I remembered I was at Brendon's.

"Brendon?" I yelled.

I heard nothing so I went to search for him. I roamed through the halls until I heard a faint voice. I ran to the sound. As I got closer, it started to sound like signing. I only knew one voice that could sound that good, and it was definitely Brendon's. It was soft and slow, a beautiful, sleeping, dreaming song.

The ink is running toward the page

It's chasin' off the days look back at both feet and that winding knee

I'm missed your skin when you were east, you clicked your heels and wished for me

It had to be "Northern Downpour". One of my favorites by them. I wanted to cry just because that song provoked so many emotions, but I sucked it up and stayed by the doorway to listen to him sing.

His voice is amazing, as always. I smiled at the thought of him. It gave me a memory of the first time I ever heard him sing. He could cure any sadness or any pain by the melody of his voice.

I heard something shut off, and he quit singing right after. I was going to move, but I couldn't. I wanted to stay there and hear him sing more. I closed my eyes and thought about the day I left him. Why did I let him go? I shouldn't have let him slip through my fingers like that.

I heard the door open so I looked up. Steam came rolling out from the doorway along with Brendon. He was wearing a towel and his chest was glistening with little beads of water. He blinked water droplets from his eyes. I didn't know whether to quit looking or to admire him.

"Sorry," he apologized.

"Uh, it's fine. I just heard a beautiful voice, so I decided to check it out," I smiled.

"Oh that? Well, I don't like to brag, but it was me," he stretched showing off his arms.

I got up and gave him a raised eyebrow.

"Oh it was?"

"Yeah. All me, Hun," he said with a cocky smile.

He looked so great right now, especially with that smile.

"Uh, well its getting late," I said scratching my arm.

"You can stay here if you want," he smirked.

"I would love that actually," I said walking back into the living room.

"Oh and Brendon?"

"Yes?"

"Get some clothes on. It's kind of distracting," I laughed.

"Maybe I'll stay like this the whole time then." He said walking into his room.

It was working. I knew flirting would be the thing. Now I just need to get my chance to settle things out.

Two minutes later, he walked out wearing shorts and nothing else. He knew what he was doing too and I didn't mind.

"Want to watch a movie?"

"Sure," I said, laying my head down.

We spent the hour watching the Godfather and throwing popcorn in each others faces. At different times thorough out the movie, I would look over at him. Admiring him in many different ways. The way his eyes were always lighter whenever they were happy or the way the corners of his mouth would move whenever he knew what line was next. I don't want to think this much about him, but I don't want to lose the feeling of this either. Whether we were friends or more, I wanted to capture the moments with him. I don't want to leave him now. I want to be with him. I'm too caught up in him now to leave.

"Al." He said knocking me out of my thought.

"Yeah?"

"Don't leave."

"I promise I won't." I said snuggling up to him.

And I knew, right then, that I would keep that promise even if it would be really hard, I will keep it this time. I will.