Chapter Twenty Seven

*Brendon's POV*

I woke up on the couch. We must have fallen asleep through the movie. I turned over to find her laying right beside me. She looked so peaceful sleeping. I've missed her so much. I wanted to kiss her or something. But the only thing that kept coming into my mind was that she already has someone. I tried all last night to not do anything. It was hard to try and push away. Every time she looked at me I felt like I wanted her more. She was beautiful In so many ways. Not just by her looks, but also in the way she acted. She was kind, wild, and lovable. She has that look about her, that look of otherness, of eyes that see things much too far, and of thoughts that wonder off the edge of the world. That's what I love most about her. She's greater than what she thinks. I did love her and sadly I still do. I'm willing to give my heart again in return that she'll give me hers. In great hopes that she won't leave me again and will pick up my broken pieces.

I shook the thoughts away and placed my hand on her cheek. She smiled and realized that it was morning.

"Hello, there," I said smiling.

"Hey."

"Do you want breakfast?" I asked.

"Nah, I actually have to go home to get my stuff for work," she said with a big sigh.

"Fine, I guess I'll take you home," I said getting up.

"Hey Brendon, we need to do this again."

"Yeah, we do."

I went to get a shirt on and she went to the bathroom to put her hair up.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said, picking up her things and heading for the car.

The way there we talked about recent things and what's been happening. She said she went to college to follow her dreams of being a hair stylist. She always was determined to do things and it looks like she did. I was happy for her, not only for her job, but for how different she is. She's changed for the better and I like that about her.

I parked outside of her place and followed her to the front door.

"Thanks for everything," she said, hugging me.

"No problem. Call me any time." I said.

"Okay, bye Bren."

"Bye Al." I said, watching her shut the door to her apartment. I feel broken.

I want to see her more, but I can't. She has work and I have practice. I wish we were younger so we could have more time to spend. I want to spend the whole day with her, just like yesterday. I just want her. Nothing else. I took in a big sigh and made my way to my car.

I came back to find myself in an empty house. I made my way to my bedroom and plopped myself on the bed.

For the last hours of the remaining day, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I felt myself missing her more as the minutes go by. Is this what love feels like? She makes me feel different. A good different. She changed me just enough to realize something. That I needed her. Now, I just can't screw anything up.

****

I wanted to take a moment and thank you guys for all the comments, votes, and reads! Without you guys This probably wouldn't have happened! Love you guys soooooo much!