Chapter Twenty

"I still can't believe you dated him," Liz said.

   "Yeah, well he wasn't famous back then I guess."

   "Did you ever?" she said raising an eyebrow.

   "Did we ever what?" It comes to me what she meant. "No, no. I wanted to wait for the perfect time," I said.

   "Well that's dumb,"

   "Hey if I pull over to this store, will you go get me something to drink?" she said.

"Couldn't you have got something when I did?"

"Yes, but I didn't want anything then. Now go fetch me something to drink."

   Liz parked the car to let me out.

   Once I was in the store, I went over to the drinks section. I picked up a Dr. Pepper and turned around to find myself bumping into someone. I picked my pop up and then look to see who I bumped into. And there he was.

   The guy was wearing blue jeans and a grey shirt that was tight around the shoulders. His muscles were not too big, but just right. He was pretty tall and his tan fit him perfectly. His blonde hair swept across his forehead at a good length.

   Once I saw the blue eyes, I knew exactly who it was. I haven't seen him since junior year. Since the time I broke up with him. I was scared and shocked to talk. I just looked at him. Like the look when you see something unexpected. He was something unexpected.

  I tried to hurry and turn around but his hand caught my shoulder.

   "I'm sorry, but do I know you?" He said.

   His voice was much lower since the last time I saw him. He straightened up and was looking down at me. His blue eyes widen when he noticed me. Since when was he this hot? I mean, yeah, he was hot, but not this hot.

   I wanted to speak, but nothing came out. He got closer to look at me. He put his hand on my cheek and smiled.

   "I do know you," he said grinning.

    Crap, he realizes who I am now. I can't leave now or he'll think I'm avoiding him, but I guess right now, I am.

    "Cole?" I said.

     "Alex,"  He said and then hugged me.

   "I haven't seen you in forever! How have you been?"

   "Good I guess. You?"

   "Amazing. Crap! I have to hurry and catch a plane, but I'll be back next week. Here's my number so we can meet up, okay?"

   "Okay." I said.

   After we exchanged numbers, I went to go pay for my stuff. Before I was put the door, I heard Cole calls name.

  "Hey Al, you seeing anyone?"

  "Not now," I say

   "Good," he said and flashed a smile.

   His smile looked ten times more amazing than before. It was like one of those that could make you lose control. I wanted to look away before I could get caught in it, but I couldn't. It's like I wanted to get stuck in his trance.

   I got into the car to see a very impatient Liz waiting on me.

  "What took you so long?" She said.

   "I met someone," I said with a nervous look.

   "No. Just no.  You can't 'meet' someone. You have Brendon and I won't let you screw things up with Brendon this time."

   "It's not that kind of meet, I met an old friend," I said.

   "Well is this friend cute?"

   By the time she said that, Cole pulled out of the parking lot, near enough for us to see his face.

   "Look for yourself," I said pointing.
   I looked over at her to find her gazing at him.

   "Why do you get all the hot ones?" She said slumping into her seat.

   "Actually, I don't know. I don't deserve them. I know that for sure."

   "Well, you can't date him, because you have Brendon," she said, starting up the car.

   "I know. Cole is just an old friend. That's all."