Chapter Twenty Eight

A week later

I am now in the process of having my life put back together. Work is going smoothly and I am finally feeling back to myself again. Brendon and I have been talking for a while too. We've been having so much fun lately that I forgot how it felt like to be with him. Every time I talk to him, I feel something. I want today to be the day that I tell him that Cole and I broke up just so that he would know I'm available. I know, sounds bad, but it's true. I want him to know that he can finally have me. I got my phone out from my pocket and dialed his number.

"Hello?" An unfamiliar girl answered.

"Um, is Brendon there?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's here," she said hesitantly. Between shuffles and mumbles, another voice appeared.

"Hello?" Brendon said.

"Uh, hey, is this a bad time?"

"No, I was just hanging out with an old friend."

I started to have the feeling of anger boil inside me.

"Oh, who's the friend?" I asked.

"Her name's Sarah. We've know each other for a long time," he said, reminisce in his voice. "What's the matter?"

"Cole and I. We're done," I said in my fake sad voice. (For a girl who has lots of emotions, I sure know how to fake them when I have to.)

"Really?"

"Yeah, I just needed someone to talk to but I see that you're busy so-"

"No, Sarah was just about to leave. I'll be there in a minute," he said.

"Okay. See you later."

"You too." And then he hung up.

Who is Sarah? Why was Sarah there? She doesn't need to be there. Why am I being so jealous over this? I mean, I don't even know the girl and I already seem to dislike her. There's something wrong with me to not like someone like that.

I put on some different clothes and then made my way to the kitchen. I wanted to eat, but I was too nervous. Everything inside of me was thinking too much about that girl. I know we're not dating, but I can't help but feel for him. I like him and I always have. I just can't shake him from me.

I stood there in the kitchen waiting. I was going to go get a bowl of cereal, but I heard a knock and the door slam open. I jumped from the sound and ran to the living room. I looked over at the door to find Brendon bending down with his hands on his knees and breathing heavily. He must have ran. He looked around the room until his eyes met mine. He ran over to me. I felt his hands touch my cheeks. My face suddenly got really hot to the touch. He opened his mouth like he was about to say something but then shook his head. Instead of talking, he pulled me in and kissed me. It felt like time stopped in that moment of time. The way it felt to be with him again. How his lips fit perfectly to mine. The way his fingers curled slightly over my cheek. It was like a missing puzzle piece that finally came back. I felt complete. I felt his hands move down to my waist. He smiled anf I jumped at the feeling. I've missed this. Missed the sparks.

He stopped once he started to lose his breath. He took his hands away from my waist and stepped back.

"God I've missed you," he said.

"Same here." I said, pushing myself toward him to kiss him again. I wanted more. It felt right. Our kisses grew and then I knew what was happening, so I decided to stop for a moment of kissing and made my way to my room. I turned around to see him still standing where I left him.

"Come on." I said gesturing to my room.

His eyes got wide and his smile turned into a smirk.

"Fine with me." He said running in and shutting the door.

***

I was laying there on his chest. Tracing hearts around the corner of his shoulder. It felt so right to be there with him, just to be with him and no one else.

"Alex, I want you," he said. "I want to be with you."

"I want the same." I said snuggling up to him.

He opened his mouth as if he was about to say something, but he just smiled and closed it.

"What?" I asked.

"I was about to say that if you didn't break up with him sooner, I probably would've went crazy."

"Yeah," I said with a nervous look.

"Well, I guess you can take this off now." I said pointing at the ring to change the subject.

"Nah, I like it," he said, pulling me into a hug. "It reminds me of us."

There it went. The feeling of guilt hitting me. Right in the gut. I should've never left him. He was the thing I most treasured. The thing I loved. I let that go and I'm pretty sure that I can't go back to it. We will be different. If we ever got back together.

He looked over at me and smiled.

"Will you sing to me?" I asked.

"Sure." He said taking in a deep breath.

Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster

So testosterone boy and harlequin girls, will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close.

Oh testosterone boys and harlequin girls... Dance to this beat. Oh testosterone boys and harlequin girls.. Hold a lover close.

From the very first line, I knew which song he was singing. The first song he ever performed to me by himself. He wants us back to the way we were, I can tell by every little thing he does. Everything we do together has a hint of the past. I want it back too, but every time I look at him I have this feeling of grief. He'll never be the same as his old self. That relationship we had a long time ago is just an old memory that still keeps coming to haunt me. I still have a place in me that's still hurts from that moment. Like a scar that just won't go away. He left his mark on me and no matter how much I try to get rid of it, it will always be there to show me what I done to deserve it. I regret letting him go along with a missing piece of me with him.

"Remember that one?" He said playing with my hair.

"Of course. The first song you ever sang to me by yourself."

"Will you be completely honest with me?" He said, propping up on one elbow to look at me.

"Yes."

"Why did you love me?"

"Because you were the first person to ever make me feel something in a long time."

"I was never good enough, but you still believed in me," he said, turning his body away from me. "I should've never left for the band."

"But if you didn't, you wouldn't of fulfilled your dreams," I said.

"Why did you believe in me?"

"Because you have a talent, Bren. Others needed to see what I saw."

"Thank you." He said looking back at me.

"For what.?" I asked.

"Everything. I was never good enough but you still believed in me. You could've had so much more, but you settled for the loser who had too big of dreams. He was never great, he only had something that made him feel that way," he said smiling.

"The thing is, you didn't see what I saw. He was the boy I loved. He grew up to achieve them big dreams and became something great, not just had something to make him feel that way, but he made it. Oh, and he wasn't a loser either." I said laughing.

He sat there looking at me. He took in a big sigh and smiled. His arms came over me and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you." He whispers.

"No. Thank you." I said feeling relief.

--------------------

Hey guys. I wanted to say I'm sorry for the wait. It's been a really tough week so far. Hopefully, things will go back to normal and I'll try to update more. I wanted to thank you all for sticking with this story. Keep up the comments, likes, and views! Love you guysss!