Chapter Twenty Five

Two days later

    It's been two days since I saw Brendon. I shouldn't feel the way I do, but I'm going out of my mind not seeing him. Like I had a taste of something I liked and now I want more. Cole has been trying to text me to see when we could meet, but I really don't want to anymore. I was too star struck on seeing Brendon.

    I dialed his number to see if he was doing anything.

     "Hello?" His voice sounded rough, as though he had just woken up.

     "Hey, it's Alex. I was wondering if you were doing anything today?" I said cheerfully.

     "Well, today is my day off, but do you know what time it is?" He asked.

     I looked over at the clock to see that it was 7:30 AM.

    "Crap, I'm sorry I woke you," I said slapping my head.

    "It's fine. I like morning calls, especially yours. Where do you want to meet up?"

    My heart fluttered when he said he "liked my morning calls".

    "How about your place?" I said.

    "Yeah, I'll come by and pick you up. Send me the address to your house."

    "Okay, bye Brendon."

     "Bye, Al. Love-" he stopped abruptly mid sentence, "See you later."

     I clicked the end button and looked up. Was he just about to say he loved me? My cheeks warmed to the thought. I have to look good today. I straightened my hair and put on a red tank top and some shorts. I looked normal, but a cute normal. And a bit, flirty. I suppose I am trying to win him back.

    "Hey," Liz answered, two rings after I called her.

    "Hello, I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to Brendon's house to catch up." I smiled.

    I shrieked at the loudness of her scream.

   "Yes!!" She yelled.

   "I knew you would be happy." I said laughing.

    I was going to say something else until I heard a knock at the door. Was that him already? I thought he went to sleep?

   I opened the door to see that it was not Brendon, it was Cole.

     "Cole?" I said.

    He stood there for a second and then ran up to me. Placing both hands on my cheeks and kissed me. I pushed him away because I didn't know what else to do. I can't do this.

    "Look, before you say anything. I wanted to say that I can't stop thinking about you. Since we met up, I can't stop. I know this is crazy, but I love you," he said. I cringed. This can't be happening.

     I didn't know what to do. I just stood there. It was shocking but sweet. I wanted to say something but another voice came into the room.

    "Alex?" The voice said.

    I looked over Cole to see Brendon standing at the doorway.

    "Uh, hey!" I said pushing Cole away.

     "Well I see you're busy so I better-"

  "No, it's fine." I looked over at Cole. "Can we talk about this tomorrow?"

    "Yeah," he said, walking past Brendon.

     "Okay. Ready." I said grabbing my phone and getting my shoes.

      The car ride was a bit awkward. I would try to start up a conversation but he would just say "Yeah" and then stop speaking. Since he saw Cole, he started acting different. Only if he knew that I really didn't like Cole, I liked him.

     *At Brendon's house*

    "Welcome." He said.

    "Thank you." I replied.

    He motioned me to the couch to sit and so did he.

    We started to talk about all the old times and why the band broke up.

    "So do you miss Ryan?" I said.

   "Yeah, it's been different without him. If Spencer wasn't with me, I probably would've left the band too."

    "He was always a fun person," I said.

   "Remember Prom?" He said, trying to change the subject.

    "How could I have forgot? That was the first time I've ever danced!" I laughed.

    "Yeah. Oh and the first day I met you. I remember what you wore also."

    "That's kinda weird, Brendon." I said playfully punching his arm.

   "It wasn't weird," he laughed.

   "You know you were my muse," he said.

    "In what?" I asked.

    "In most of the songs. When we were on the rode, I would start missing you, so I wrote some songs about you,"  He said looking at the ceiling.

       "Ryan would always try and say 'there's other people out there', but I didn't want other people."

    "Oh really?" I said, scooting closer.

   I knew what I was doing and I didn't care.

    "Yeah. All them songs, I thought about you in every single way. I couldn't get you out of my head," he said.

    I got close enough to where our faces could've kissed, but he didn't try. I felt rejected so I played it off by looking at the necklace.

    "I can't believe you kept it," I said.

    "I wanted you close to my heart."

    "I wish I had something of yours that could've kept me from losing faith in you," I said placing my head on his chest.

     "I wished you could've just had me." His voice sounded full of hurt.

    I really missed being with him. Laying beside him made me feel safe and secure. It felt like a piece of me came back. I was coming together again.

   The last thing I remember was him kissing me on the cheek and then I drifted off.