Chapter Thirty Seven

"Come on, let's go drink your problems away!" Liz yelled.

"No. I can't," I said, pulling the covers over my head.

"I don't want to do anything."

"You can't let this get you down. He's a jerk for doing that, but you know what? You're better than him." She said.

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are. Now, will you please do one thing and then I'll leave you alone."

"What is it?" I asked, poking my head out from the covers.

"Come with me to the club. I have no one to go with and it will help you focus on other things." She said.

I thought about it for a moment. I could be good for me. Maybe I need this to help me not think. To not think about his eyes. The plumpness of his lips. His hair. The way the sun reflects off his skin. Oh and how he does that smirk. Crap, I'm thinking about him again. I need to stop. It's ruining me.

"Fine. But can we go in an hour?" I asked.

"Yes, but I'm staying here to make sure you get ready." She protested.

I nodded my head yes and then pulled the covers back over my head.

"I'm sorry Al, I know how much you cared for him." She patted my back.

"Yeah." I said, closing my eyes to sleep in peace.

"I wish I didn't though." And then, I was out.

3 hours later

I woke up to the sound of someone calling my name.

"Alex wake up." Liz yelled.

"Why?"

"We have to go get our clubbing on. I already laid you out a smoking hot dress and heels, now for your hair and make up." She said, yanking the covers off of me.

"Ugh. Fine."

I got up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom. All my makeup was put out and the straightener was already hot. Man, she must really want me to move on, I laughed. I went back to my bedroom to find a red lace cocktail dress with some black heels. I put everything on, straighten my hair, and then finished off by putting some makeup on. I was now ready to leave the house since two weeks. It feels weird to be dressing up. I guess I got out of the habit of doing it.

"Ready?" Liz yelled.

"Yeah I'll meet you in the car." I said, getting my heels on.

I was finally done with my look. I went to the mirror and took one last look before heading out. You got this Alex, nothing is going to stop you from having a good time, I thought. I smiled at the mirror and turned my direction to the door. Time to get back out there.

   "Wow! Everyone is going to want a piece of you!" She winked.

   "Doubtful." I said, getting in the car.

   She got in the car and started it up.

   "Time to get out there!" She squealed.

     I faked a smile and turned toward the window. Am I really doing this? I thought. What if I get to drunk? What if something bad happens? What if-. No, no more "what if's" Alex, you'll be fine. I promise. You're going to be okay without him. You don't need him anymore. You're good, I smiled.

In the car ride there, Liz wouldn't stop talking about how proud she was of me for going with her. It started to get a little annoying after a while, but I just kept quiet and let her talk. She was so excited and I didn't want to ruin that.

"Now. Let's get drunk and sleep with the hottest guys we can find," she said, putting the car in park.

"Where did you find this club?" I said, looking up at the big signs and the flashings lights.

"It's the best club in Nevada. Why wouldn't I take my best friend to a club like this?" She laughed.

"Come on." I laughed with her.

"Let's get our drink on."

We got out of the car and walked inside to find a huge room full of bright lights and people. It was pretty amazing for a club if I do say so myself. I made my way over to the bar and told the bartender I wanted their special. In a matter of seconds it was there. I smiled at it and then took it. Straight down. It had a sour and burning taste to it, but I didn't mind. It was the only thing keeping me from thinking. I kept ordering, one after another until I could think anymore. When I decided I was done, I got up from my seat and danced with the first guy I saw. Before I knew it, he already had his hands on me. I didn't mind the fact that a total stranger was already dancing with me. Actually, it felt great. Like I was set free. I don't think I've ever felt this great before. I turned around and began placing my lips onto his. Our kisses started speeding up and my hands were now all over him too. I was Fine at first, thinking that it was only for fun, but then my sober thoughts came into place. I can't do this, this isn't me. I let go of the guy and looked at him. What am I doing? You can't just hook up with a random guy. I shook my head in response and made my way through the crowd. I needed to get away, but where? I kept walking until I found an "exit" sign. I opened the doors to find a cool breeze meet me. Ugh, I said, making my way over to sit on the bench. I looked to see if there was anyone out here. On my right, I saw what looked to be a man smoking. He was leaned up against the wall with a leather jacket and black pants. The only thing wrong about the figure was that I couldn't see his face. I got up, and went closer to the guy. The fuzzy figure was now becoming my worst expectations. Am I seeing things? I must be.

"Alex?" Brendon coughed.

"Am I that drunk to be seeing things?" I laughed.

"What are you doing here?" He said with a shocked look.

I was just about to ask him the same question until a girl cut me off.

"Come on Bren. I think I want to go home now." She slurred, putting her arms around his neck and kissing him.

"Sarah, quit." He said.

Just when I thought I was forgetting, I had to see him. It felt like my mind sobered up just in time to see what was happening. He took Sarah with him. He was with her now.

"This isn't what it looks like, I promise!" He said, pushing Sarah off of him.

I couldn't say anything so I just ran inside to find Liz. I needed to get out. I can't stand this anymore. I made my way through the crowd, searching anyone I could find. Still, no sign. I searched until I found another exit. I made my way out and fell to the ground. The tears came pouring out along with the silent sobs. As I laid there, I felt a hand pat my back.

"Come on. Let's get you home." The voice said.

I kept imagining that it was Liz, but the hands were bigger and the smell was different. I know the smell, but it's not Liz. If it's familiar, it must be okay. I couldn't think of who it was. So I whispered, "Thank you Lizard." Wait, her name is Liz, not Lizard. "Liz.." I slurred.

"Anytime." The voice said. And then I knew, I was safe and away from Brendon. That was my main priority. To be as far away from him as possible. I drifted to sleep in Their arms. Knowing that I was now safe and away from this miserable day.