Chapter Twelve

"Brendon!" I yelled trying to get his attention.

"What?" He said, trying to pack.

"Why do you have to pack today? We have graduation tomorrow and you'll be leaving in like three days. What's the rush?"

"I guess I'm just excited. I've been waiting for this for so long," he said looking up at me.

He always did get excited over the little things. Like a kid in a candy store. It's always really cute to see him that way.

"What am I going to do without you? You don't even know how long you'll be gone. What if... You don't come back?" Tears were welling up in my eyes. I've always been really emotional.

He put his suitcase down and came over to hug me.

"That's the thing. I will come back, and only for you."

"But what if you guys are too good and you forget about me?" I said trying to control my emotions.

"Let's not think about that. Let's go get ice cream."

"Okay." I said trying to smile.

We went walked the parking lot of a small ice cream shop that was right down the street from his house.

"What do you want?"

"Mint chocolate chip."

"Hmm, I want that too," he said.

He told the lady and she gave us the ice creams.

I was about to lick mine until I felt something flick my nose.
"Whoops," he laughed.

I looked over at what seemed to look like a little kid. He look so cute today. His eyes had the look of innocence while his smile was as goofy as it ever was.

I didn't want anything to end with him but I was scared knowing that something would happen with the band. Not anything bad, but that they'll do so great that they'll never come back. He'll never come back. I thought that if I ever found love again, it would happen the same way, like Cole. And now, my thoughts were proving to be true. I didn't want to think about breaking up with him, but I know it will be best. He will get over it soon enough. I felt like I was going to cry so I tried to think about the positive.

"Are you going to get that off your nose or will I have to?" He said leaning over and licking my nose.

"Ew, that's so nasty." I said playfully pushing his arm.

"I'm so sorry. Gosh." He laughed.

I took my spoon full of ice cream and smeared it all on his face.

"Eww, get this off of me." He said in a girly voice.

"If you insist.." I said licking his cheek.

"I don't know where that tongue has been."

"Well, it's been on your cheek." I said laughing.

He looked over at me and smiled.

"Your laugh is too cute."

"Mine? Umm no."

"I like it when you get mad too," he said.

"Why?"

"Cause you can't stay mad for long. You get all worked up and then... Its just cute," he said, "I like being with you. I don't want to leave you."

"Here." I said, sliding my ring off.

It was a ring that my mother bought me a long time ago. It was silver and it had a heart in the middle.

"I've had this ring for a long time. It's a symbol for love. And when you're gone, you can have this so I'm with you everywhere you go. Okay?"

"I'll take it. And the next time I see you, you'll be getting it back," he said winking.

He leaned over to kiss me. It was a passionate kiss. This didn't feel like all the other ones. This one had meaning. Like a promise or something. A promise that hopefully wouldn't break in time.

"Man, you're a great kisser," he said laughing.

"I know," I said, taking his hand.

Our fingers intertwined as we walked back home. Nothing felt better than to be with him. In that moment of time. I felt like it was just us. I looked up to see he was smiling down at me, and so I decided to smile too. Not only for the fact of him, but for the feeling of being in love with with a guy like Brendon Urie.