CHAPTER 3

"I always wanted a son. Especially after having your failure of a sister." Scowled a pale woman. "But I had you, instead."

Kai was eleven at the time. She had just been introduced to her half-sister two years earlier. Throughout those two years, Kai and her half-sister, Misaki, had grown especially close.

Both growing up without affectionate parents or chaotic siblings, they had finally found someone to cling on to. Misaki came to stay when she was thirteen. Stayed around until she was fifteen.

She had warm beige skin, eyes of gold, pointy ears, snow-white hair that dragged on the ground when she walked, curvy horns, feathered wings that were too big for her body, and a lush Spanish accent.

She was beautiful. She was hers.

Finally believing that Kai was saved from her parents' abuse, she held onto her sister, refusing to go anywhere without her.

But just before Misaki's sixteenth birthday, the pair of them were walking home when they heard screaming in the distance. They ran home, only to find their home decimated to the ground.

Both fortunately and unfortunately, no one was home when their home was set ablaze.

And for some reason, Misaki had gotten into a huge fight with their mother a few nights after the incident.

After that, Misaki packed her bags and left. Without saying goodbye.

And even to this day, Kai still doesn't know the reason.

****

Class 1-A was gathered around Ground Beta, waiting in their hero costumes. The majority of their costumes were intricate and interesting; based on quirk registrations, they were designed to fit and improve tactical advances for their quirks.

Kai stood off to the side, fixing her costume as she saw fit.

Her costume consisted of a full-sleeved leotard with a slit down the middle of her torso and gloves with holes that only revealed her nails. Around her waist was a belt strap that had two straps hanging down, attached to baggy sleeves that covered the top of her knees all the way down to her ankles. She was wearing black wedge heels that coarsed over her entire foot, however leaving a space open for her toes. She had a bulky mask that she wore over her nose and mouth and had an oversized hood that would cover the rest of her face. Her entire costume was outlined with a red lining that glowed in the dark. Around her forearms and fingers, she wore metallic rings.

"Suika-chan! Your costume is awesome!" Called Denki, walking towards her.

Kai's eyes fluttered wide open, clearly taken by surprise. Following him were Kirishima, Mina, Mineta, and Sero. Bakugo was lagging behind them, trying to make it look like he wasn't interested.

---- 西瓜 - Suika -- "watermelon"

Minoru Mineta

Quirk: Pop Off

From what I've learned, he's a pervert who doesn't have a chance.

Hanta Sero

Quirk: Tape

He seems to hang around Kirishima and Denki a lot. Haven't talked to him yet.

Eijiro Kirishima

Quirk: Hardening

He's a bit too positive for me, but at least he's trying.