CHAPTER 17

THANK YOU FOR GETTING MERCY TO #1 IN BAKUGOKATSUKI, I'M SO GRATEFUL!

----

Kai's eyes were plastered to Shigarki's as her cold stare dug into his face. She leaned forward, crossing her arms and resting them on the bar's surface.

"Who is it?" She asked, loose strands of hair falling over her face.

"We don't know." Shigaraki grinned, his dry lips cracking as his face contorted to form a new expression. "But we know the One For All's successor attends U.A. high school. Why else would All Might become a teacher there?"

Kai's eyes fell to the bar as she thought about it. Lost in thought, her mind began to list all of her classmates, trying to find a quirk that matched All Might's.

"With the new information, your assignment has changed." Shigaraki continued.

Kai's eyes shot up again.

"Rat them out and kill them." Dabi's voice rang out. His blue eyes shifted to look down at the girl beside him.

Kai didn't turn her head, but her gaze shifted to the corners of her eyes, giving Dabi an intense side-eye.

"That's..." Shigaraki turned to look at Dabi with an "I hate having to breathe the same air as you" look. "All for One just wants her to find the damn kid."

"That's the lamest mission you could possibly give her." Dabi huffed, his hand panning out in front of him.

"The hell do you want me to do? I'm just the messenger!" Shigaraki defended.

"Ah. Now it all makes sense." Dabi nodded to himself, continuing to bash Shigaraki.

"Why you lit—"

"Shut up!" Kai hollered, slamming her hand on the bar. The veins under her skin flickered red and silver, indicating that her quirk had awoken. "God! You act like children! Grow up."

Dabi and Shigaraki exchanged glances with each other before slumping into their chairs.

"Let me get this straight," Kai chuckled irritatedly, "All for One wants me to... rat out the new Symbol of Peace, and then what? Report back so he can? Replace us? Kill them? Like c'mon, I need details here."

"I don't have any more details." Shigaraki grumbled. "Don't even know where the old bastard is."

Kai began to rub her temples with irritation. The task was too easy and she didn't like being belittled.

There was a long pause of silence as Kai's tension cut through the room, putting the other two on edge. Shigaraki began to fidget with a TV remote that sat a little ways away. The air grew still and the only noise being made was the sound of a rat scuffling across the creaky floorboards.

"Call him." She demanded, closing her eyes and scratching her eyebrow.

"What?" Dabi and Shigaraki both exclaimed at once.

"Call the bastard. I'm not going to be looked down on. I'm not three."

Shigaraki scoffed. "You're just gonna dig yourself a hole you won't be able to climb out of."

"And? It's none of your concern regardless. I don't like you." Kai laughed menacingly before reaching over the bar to snatch the remote from Shigaraki's hand.

"I don't think anybody does. I mean, look at his face," Dabi laughed, leaning in to point at Shigaraki's dry skin and wrinkled features, "not even a mother could love that."