CHAPTER 8

REMEMBER to vote on each chapter!

****

Kai was late to school the next day. She arrived in the middle of her homeroom period, but no one had anything to say about it.

Though, she could feel stares from her peers burn into her from all sides.

Today, her eye bags were less visible and her eyes were no longer red. She wore her hair down, revealing long strands of wavy hair that reached all the way down to her lower back. She made her way to her desk, passing by Bakugo on the way. She could've sworn she saw Bakugo send a glance her way, but she didn't dwell into it.

Flopping into her chair, she listened to Aizawa speak.

"Today's training will be different. You will have four instructors. Me, All Might, another faculty member, and a guest hero will all be present during this exercise."

Shoto must've known who the guest hero was going to be by his change of expression and how his hand came into contact with his face. The slap was loud enough to hear, but only Kai turned around to examine her classmate.

Endeavor maybe? Is it really that bad? She wondered before turning back in her chair. Shoto was clearly annoyed, but sat silently nonetheless.

"Sir!" Sero yelled out, raising his hand. "What kind of training is this?"

"Rescue. You will be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks and stuff like that."

The class beamed with excitement.

Oh boy. Kai thought with a sigh. There was nothing more that she hated than having to rescue someone who didn't need to be saved.

It was all pointless in the end anyway.

"Sounds like we're in for a big workout." Denki pointed out.

"Totally!" Mina agreed.

"Real hero stuff! This is what separates the men from the boys!" Kirishima exclaimed.

"Quiet! I'm not finished yet." Aizawa yelled, stopping the conversations instantly. "What you wear is up to you. I know you're excited about your costumes and all, but keep in mind that they might limit your abilities." He pulled a remote from his pocket and pressed a button. On the far wall, locker-like contaminants pulled out from the wall. These were where their costumes were stored. "This exercise will take place off-campus, so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all. Start getting ready."

Immediately, Bakugo stood up from his seat and headed for his locker. Everyone else followed. Kai lingered behind, as usual.

She saw Shoto coming up to get his costume from the corner of her eye. She was anxious to ask him about his "character break" from earlier. She almost did, but stopped herself and decided not to.

It's none of my business. She realized and instead, went to grab her costume.

Once everyone was dressed, they loaded up onto a bus.

When they all got on, Iida instructed everyone into a seat. Unfortunately, he sat Kai right next to Bakugo. Clearly, Iida can't read the room to save his life. But even so, the two didn't talk. They acted as if neither existed.

"There's something I want to ask you, Midoriya." This voice belonged to the frog girl, Tsu.

"A-about me? What is it Asui?!" Poor Midoriya was already getting flustered.

"I told you to call me Tsu."

"Oh... yeah... right."

"That quirk of yours, isn't it a lot like All Might's?