CHAPTER 5.5

After sitting on the rooftop of a building that overlooked the city, Bakugo and Kai had challenged each other to a duel. The two had propelled off of the building using Bakugo's explosions and were on their way to a secluded clearing near his house.

They had decided that this fight would be pure hand-to-hand combat. They weren't allowed to use their quirks; which Kai found quite amusing. She already knew that she would beat Bakugo. Her combat knowledge was far superior to most pro heroes.

Throughout childhood, her parents sent her around the world to learn various martial art techniques and styles. It was evident that Bakugo wouldn't be able to counter easily, despite his strength and intelligence.

When they arrived, the area was silent.

Barefoot, Kai flexed her toes in the soft grass that rested below her feet when she moved into the open space. The clearing was surrounded by trees and brushes of green. Most of the ground was covered in grass, but there were some patches of dirt and a puddle of muddy water that lay off to the side.

Bakugo moved to the other end of the clearing, starting to stretch his arms and legs. Watching him for a bit, Kai began to mimic his movements. He would glare at her but didn't do or say anything otherwise.

When they stopped stretching, Bakugo placed a foot forward and positioned himself into a ready stance.

Kai stood up straight before holding up a finger to silently tell him, Just a second.

Pulling one arm across the opposite side of her body, she grabbed the bottom hem of her white t-shirt. In one swift motion, she pulled it off, a red sports bra revealing itself from beneath.

Bakugo's eyes would slightly widen and his stance relaxed. Kai could see his breath hitch and his muscles tense. It made her smirk.

After throwing her shirt off to the side, she walked towards him a few paces.

"You ready to lose, blondy?" Placing one foot in front of the other, she beckoned him forward with the wave of her fingers.

His face readjusted, challenge and determination flashing.

"Show me what you've got, weird-eyes!"

Running at him, Bakugo reeled his arm back, ready to deliver the first punch. Before it could connect, Kai leaped into the air, grabbing onto the top of his fist and using her body weight to thrust it into the ground. Twirling around into the air, she landed beside him.

Picking his hand up, he twisted around and threw a punch with the same hand.

Still trying to balance, Kai saw his attack coming from the corner of her eye. Quickly, she crossed her arms and held them over her face in defense. It would've been more effective if Bakugo wasn't larger and stronger than her. Absorbing the force with her forearms, she stumbled backward. Bakugo took this split second to pivot his foot and lunge towards her; using the weight he placed on his front foot, he jumped up and swung his opposite leg, hitting Kai in the temple and knocking her to her knees.

Planting her hands on the ground to stop herself from smacking her head against the grass, she dropped to her elbows and rolled onto her back. Rolling backward, she used her shoulder to get back onto her feet.

Jutting forward, Kai struck him with a violent uppercut, followed by a right side kick, and two jabs directed towards his diaphragm. Bakugo let out a gasp for air, feeling the oxygen drain from his lungs. Stumbling back from pain, it worked in his favor when he was able to evade any further attacks that followed. Quickly adapting to the situation, he was able to slither away from her fists and place a solid swing against her ribcage.