Work and school life

Gabriella's POV

We had now been in Seattle for just over 2 weeks now and mama had decided that I had to go to my new school today which I wasn't excited about. It was really really easy to tell that I wasn't American and I was scared that they would pick on me for my accent, or the way I dressed or acted, kids could be so mean. I just didn't want to get out of my nice comfy bed just yet but there was a knock on the door. "Come on in" I said as mama slowly pushed the door open, "come one Ella Bella it's time to get ready to for school "but I don't want to go" I snapped as a tear started to roll down my face "I'm sorry" I sobbed as mama came and sat with me in bed, "why don't you want to go ? I thought you were excited" she questioned "I am..... I mean kinda, I'm excited to get a better education but I'm scared that I'll get picked on by the other kids for not being able to speak their language 100%" I said as she pulled me into a hug. "Awww bambina I'm sure they won't, but if they do they have me to answer too and no one wants to see me angry, especially when they are picking on my baby girl and besides I'm sure they are not the ones you can speak 3 different languages, I'm pretty sure not many 10 year olds can do that can they now?" "I supposed not" I smiled " thank you mama for always making me feel mama" "no problem" she replied as she kissed my forehead "okay but you really do have to get up now else you are going to be late for you first day at school and you are going to make me late for my first day at work...... I'll wait for you in the car" she said as she walked out.

I slowly rolled out of bed and changed into some clothes, in Italy we had a school uniform, but here we don't so I was very unsure what I should wear which would not go against the dress code, but in the end I just ended it wearing a red floral knee length dress, a white cropped cardigan and my pair of white high top converse. I went to look at myself in the mirror and realised I had not done my hair so I quickly brushed it and put it in a half up half down style, grabbing my backpack and running downstairs into the car, completely forgetting to eat the most important meal of the day, breakfast.

I ran out the door, making sure it was locked and got into mama's new car, I think she is getting paid a lot now that we are in America because this car was very fancy, I opened the car door and plopped down on the seat, putting my bag in the footwell. "Are we forgetting something?" "Ummm no I don't think so".
Mama then reached into the back seat and pulled out a freshly baked pain au chocolate with a pineapple and mango smoothie. "Oh that" "yes that, we don't want you going to school on an empty stomach do we...... okay now eat and drink up, the school isn't too far away"

We pulled up to the school and wow, it was so big, I knew the schools over here were different but not that different. I had suddenly got butterflies in my stomach. "Look at me Gabriella, I love you so very much, I know that you are going to smash today but if something does happen you need to tell me straight away, no telling secrets, I hope you make loads of new friends. vai a far brillare la tua luce bambina ti amo" ( so shine your light bambina I love you ) so with that I hopped on out of the car and walked slowly into school and into class. God I hope they all like me.

Carina's POV

God I feel like a terrible mother knowing that starting a new school was making my baby so upset but she had to go to school and I had to go to work. I'll give it a few weeks and if it does not work out then I'm pulling her out and getting a home tutor. I watched as my baby girl walked into school and then I drove off to grey Sloan.

I pulled up in the car park, grabbed my bags and headed inside to my new office before I introduced myself to my staff, I still recognised some of the staff from 11 years ago so I knew that it would be just fine. I also had a new resident with me, Jo Wilson, she has recently took a step from general surgery to ob, she was excited to learn and I was excited to teach.