Who lives ? Who dies ? Who tells their story ?

Maya's POV

I'd been sat at the hospital for what seemed like hours now and I had not gotten any news on carina or Andrew, Andrew had been trapped in the car a very long time and when carina had collapsed the ambulances took another 30 minutes to come, they were both running out of time and I had no idea what else to do to help them.

It was now around 2pm and we were sat in the hospital waiting room, and when I say we I meant all the team from station 19 and all the doctors who loved and cared about carina and Andrew were there.

"Mom when will we know something about mama and uncle Andrew it's been hours ?" Gabriella asked me as she laid her head on my shoulder. "We should get an update soon beautiful" I told her as I started to play with her hair but then the double doors in front of me swung open and in walked Dr Bailey.

"Gabriella", all the other doctors who were friends of carina's and andrew and I, all stood up. "Dr Bailey please just tell us straight" I said to her as I gripped hold of Gabriella's hand. "Carina has sustained some major head trauma which caused bleeding in the brain, we managed to clear it and she should be awake in a few hours, but we won't know the extent of the damage until she wakes up" she tells us.

I look over to Gabriella she see that she is shaking so I pull her in closer and dr Bailey explains what happens to carina next. "And Andrew ?" I ask. "Well Andrew again sustained major injuries to the head and abdomen, the bleeding in both his head and abdomen was fixed, but not until after his heart stopped several time, we went to transport him to the icu but unfortunately on route to the icu his heart stopped and he coded again" Bailey said as I looked into her eyes, they were filled with fear and sadness. "I'm sorry to tell you that we could not resuscitate him and he died, his time of death was 22:50, I'm so sorry for your loss" he told us and I saw tears fall from her eyes and down her cheek.

"NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO" Gabriella screamed as more tears than i've ever seen flows down her face. She dropped to her knees as she cried into her hands. "Shhhhhhhh bambina, I'm here, let it all out" I said to her as a few tears rolled down my face, as I pulled her up into the biggest hug.

I looked around the room and everyone was in complete and utter shock, no one knew what to do. "Can I see her ?" I asked Bailey as she was still stood in the same position. "Of course you can, I'll take you up to see her now" she told us as she was about to lead us to Carina.

"MAYA!" I hear someone shout my name as I was about to walk away, it was the whole team. "What happened, how are you, how's carina, where is she?" They all asked at the same time as they saw Gabriella crying. "She- she's alive.................. but Andrew he- he-" I was saying but gabriella started to speak. "Uncle Andrew died" she told them and more tears flowed down her face.