A night out

Carina's POV

That poor mama, she had just been in labour for 24 hours but I just finally managed to deliver her a baby. This shift had been both a very long but interesting shift but I was glad to go home to my bambina, when I'm working, I just miss her so much. I was just about to head out when there was a knock on my door. "Come on in" I said as Teddy Altman opened the door. "A few of us ladies are going to grab a few drinks, we would love for you to join us" she asked me. Obviously I had to think for a moment because I had Gabriella to think of, but I'm sure that she would be perfectly fine with the baby sitter for just a few more hours. "Ummmm, actually that would be pretty awesome, I have not had a night out in ages, actually since I made it back to Seattle but I will have to get back to my bambina as the sitter can only work for a few more hours" I told her. "Well if you want to stay out for longer you can always drop her off at mine and Owens place, he's on Leo and Allison duty already, just give me a shout and I'll let him know, by the way we are meeting in the lobby in 30mins and then we will probably head to joes bar". "Thank you" I said as she walked out.

Oh god what was I supposed to wear, I don't have time to go home and change so something in my office Is going to have to do, I open my locker to find a shirt and trousers with a pair of heels. "Well this is going to have to do." I said to myself as I started to change and head down to the lobby.

When I arrived mostly everyone was there, apparently we are just waiting on Bailey and we're good to go. Meredith, Teddy, Jo, Maggie, Bailey are I are all going to be there, I could just tell tonight to going to be fun!! After around 10 minutes Bailey arrives and we are all ready to head to the bar.

Joes bad is only across the street so we decided to walk, it only took us about 5 minutes. When we entered we found a booth at the back of the bar and took a seat. Jo said that the first drinks were on her so I couldn't say no so I order a glass of rosé wine. I wasn't really in the mood to get drunk tonight, but time would tell. However I could tell at least one person who was ready to get drunk, Bailey, for everyone's first drink they were taking it slowly, but not Bailey, she went straight in there with the shots. I'd never seen a drunk Bailey before but I was 100% looking forward to seeing it.

After a few minutes our first round of drinks were brought over and Bailey had started to ask me what is was like working in Italy these past 11 years and why I decided to come back. So I tried to explain it to her in as much detail as I could, I told her about moving back for my dad, but finding out I was pregnant and then deciding to return now since there wasn't anything left in Italy for me and Gabriella. After a while I noticed that everyone had finished their drinks so I decided that I would offer to go get the next round, so I stood out I walked to the bar.

When I arrived at the bar I ordered the drinks and sat down on one of the bar stools at the side of me. I wasn't there long, when I decided to look to the left of me where I saw a blonde woman sat there alone, I realised that it was Maya from station 19 so I decided to go say hi.

"Bongiorno captain Maya, Can I buy you a drink, it's the least I could do after you made my bambina ever so happy" I asked her. "I'm good though thank you" "oh okay, do you want to join me and some of the other doctors then, we would love to have you join us" I asked again. "Sorry no I'm drinking alone tonight" she told me. "Ah okay then" I said as I got the drinks and headed back to join the others.

Maya rejecting my drinks offer really put me in a bad mood so I had decided that after this drink i would just be heading home. I finished the rest of my drink and then got ready to stand up when I heard a voice come from the side of me. "May I join you, I mean if the offer still stands" a voice said, I looked up and saw that it was Maya. I then shuffled up so she could sit down. "Of course, take a seat...... guys this is Captain Maya Bishop from Station 19." I told them. "Ahhhhhhhhhh..........yesssssssss, y-you must be Bens boss, I think I met you before but I just can't quite remember" Bailey said super super drunk. "Ah yes Ben, you are doctor Bailey right, he talks about you so much" Maya told her. "Awwwwwww, he loves me" Bailey then said as she did puppy dog eyes. All anyone could do was laugh.

I decided to check my phone and it realised that it was now 11pm so I needed to get home to see my bambina. I had only had a few light drinks so I was under the limit to drink. "Sorry guys but I've got to be heading home now, next time we can arrange it more in advance so I can get a sitter, but thank you for inviting me I had a lot of fun, I can still drive so does anyone want a lift? I have 4 spaces" most shuck their heads but everyone agreed that Bailey need to get home and that I should take her, and Maya had asked for a lift and said that she would help with Bailey to the car.

Me and Maya both stood up and held onto baileys arms and lead her to the car where we both helped her into the back seat, then me and maya both got in the front. "Do you mind if I drop Bailey off first and then you could help me help her in" I asked her. "No problem what so ever" she replied as I drove away.

We all live quite close to the hospital so it didn't take me long to get to Bailey house. We both helped her out and we walked to the door and knocked. A few seconds later Ben opened the door, and let me tell you, he was pretty shocked to see me and his boss helping his drunk wife home. "BEN!!!!!!!!! I love you" said Bailey as he helped her her inside. "And I love you Deluca and Bishop, you are two very pretty women, I hope you both live a long and happy life together." She said and we all just burst out laughing, i think drunk Bailey believed that me and maya were dating, I mean I'd like to get to know her more, but I'm very doubtful that she is into women, plus I have a kid to think about. We stood there for a few minutes longer having a conversation with Ben and then me and Maya left.

As soon as we walked out the door and closed it behind us, we both looked at each other and again just burst out laughing, because we were both thinking the same thing. "I actually can't believe Bailey thought we were dating, I mean I do like women but I'm pretty sure you don't so I'm sorry if that was awkward" I said to her. "I was actually going to say the exact same thing to you because I'm bisexual too but I didn't think you were"...................there was then a long awkward silence as we both walked back to the car.

I actually think I might be having feelings for her, I mean I think I did ever since I laid my eyes on her but even more now that I know she is into women. As soon as she said it I suddenly started to get a bit nervous around her and didn't really know what to say so when we got back in the car, I just started to ask for step by step directions to where she lives.

A few minutes later we pulled up at hers. "This is the one" she tells me as she got out the car as did I. "Let me walk you up" "thank you for the ride but you really don't have to walk me up" she told me in reply. "Nope I insist" I said as I walked with her to her door . "Thank you for inviting me to sit with you, I didn't know I needed company until you asked, and sorry for being a bit cold with you" she told me.  "It's no problem at all, I thought you looked a bit sad and I don't like seeing people upset, plus it was nice spending time with you, I really enjoyed it and I hope we can do it again sometime" "how about now?" She asked me as he lead me into her home.