Game day

Gabriella's POV

Today is the big game, it's the final of the seattle volleyball championships where there will be a scout for girls u15 USA volleyball team and I was determined to make it, I had to be on my best game however mama and mom were still fighting, they knew my big game was coming up but they properly forgot it was today and to be honest I don't want to bother them because they are getting angrier and angrier with each other, so I've just been staying to myself and not really talking to them that much, I don't want to make things worse or get them mad at me.

I woke up bright and early so I could get in a run before the game, I think I ran about 3 miles before I headed home to get a nice healthy protein filled meal.

When I got back no one was in so I just assumed they both went to work or something. I felt bad about not telling them about the game but I think it was for the best because they can't even get long right now, let alone sit next to each other for the entire game without arguing, I didn't want to be distracted by them. But I knew someone had to come with me, coach said we all needed someone there just incase if we got chosen from the team we needed to parent to sign there and then, I really didn't want to invite them but I knew I had to and it can't have been mama or mom. So I start to ring them.

*calls owen*
*he answers*
O: hi Gabriella, everything okay ?
G: well yes and no, anyways I need a favour and I can't ask mom and mama.
O: sure what is it.
G: basically I have a big volleyball game where I might be asked to join a new team, and anyways I need someone to be here for me, a parent or guardian or whatever, I can't ask mama or mom because they are fighting and then they would both want to come and I can't have them both there, so yeah, I know it's short notice, well actually very short notice but do you think you and teddy might be able to make my game in 3 hours ?
O: *mumbles to teddy before responding* we would love too, can we bring the kids too?
G:thank you and sure but please don't tell anyone about this and I can't have people knowing you are my dad unless I get chosen
O: that's fine, I get it, it's up to you, but we will be there in the front row supporting you, you got this.
G: thank you, I'll see you later.
O: wait, do you need a lift there ?
G: no it's fine thank you, I need to be there soon for practice, but can I maybe get a lift back ?
O: of course, that's not problem, see you later, bye
*they both hang up the phone*

Few, now that's over with, let's get to that game. I started to doing to hair, making sure that it was out of my hair and tied back securely. So I ended up doing 2 Dutch braids that went into a bun, I then did a little bit of light makeup because I didn't want to look like sit on game day. I then got on my uniform and headed out.

I got to the school just in time to start training, even though so much was going through my head, but I knew my head had to be in the game, which thankfully was working. Training was going to well and everyone was going amazing, we were going to smash the other team.

Before we started to had some team and individual pictures and then we headed out onto the court one by one as they announced our names . "No. 10 team captain Gabriella Deluca playing for seattle grange high school vs long beach high school" they announced as I ran out onto the court while everyone was cheering. I looked to the left of me and, right at the front, just like like they said they would be, Owen and teddy were sat right on the front, Leo sat inbetween them both and Allison sat on Owens lap, they were all clapping as I ran on. But suddenly I felt terribly sick knowing that they were both here at my biggest game, but I couldn't let my fear show because the scout for the USA team was standing just a few feet away from me. We all got into position just before the whistle blew.

We were playing best of 5 sets, currently we were winning 2-1, however all the sets had pretty close, so it was all still to play for, all we had to do was win just 1 more  and we were the winners of the girls u14's volleyball championship. I think I've have been playing pretty well, I've done some excellent blocks and serves. And I also did this amazing save, but my hip is now killing me because I landed right on it when I drives for the ball but I did to keep playing.