Bring your daughter to work day

Gabriella's POV

"SURPRISE" mama and carina scream at me as I walk down the stairs still half asleep and my head still banging. "Owww not so loud" I said looking up as seeing the living room full of banners, streamers and balloons with a giant cake in the middle of the room. "Sorry bambina" mama said. "Awww thank you" I said as I hugged them both. Before looking at the cake. "Happy 60th wedding anniversary?" I questioned. "Well you didn't tell us until last night and I e wanted to get you a cake, this is all they had left." Maya laughed. "Well I mean cake is cake, thank you guys" I said again. "I made you pancakes and waffles for breakfast, with all your favourite topping" mama said leading me to the table. "Ooo yummy, thanks" I said as I sat down to eat.

"Any plans today ?" Mom asked. "No, I'd just like to rest, my head and hip still really hurts from yesterday" I told them. "Okay bambina but we have to go to work, so you promise to call us if you start to feel worse ?" Mama said. "Yes I will, I promise" I said.

Once they had both gone I headed back upto bed to get some more sleep.

I woke up to a phone call from mama.

Gabriella: "hi" I said still half asleep.
Carina: "I'm sorry bambina did I wake you"
G: "yeah but it's fine because I need to be getting up anyways"
C: "well I was inbetween surgery's and I thought that I'd give my favourite daughter a call to see how she was doing"!
G: " firstly I'm your only daughter mama so that kinda hurt and yes I'm fine thank you, feeling a lot better"
C: "that's a good sign bambina, glad you are feeling better.... I have to run to scrub in, the babies don't wait , please remember to eat and I'll see you later tonight. Love you"
G: "love you too"

A few hours had passed since mama left rang me, I'd eaten left over pizza for breakfast, did some school work and watched some tv but now I was really really bored. I decided to head to the fire station to go see the team and mom to tell them the good news about me getting into the team. I got changed in to a cute outfit. A black cropped top with beige cargos and my black converse high tops. I grabbed a bag with a few things and picked up the huge cake my moms brought for me because we definitely could not eat it all before heading to the station.

"GABRIELLA !!!!!!" Vic shouted as I opened the door to the station. I assume that she was on desk duty since she was the only one in the station, she came out from behind the desk and gave me a big big big hug. "We haven't seen you around here in ages.... And you brought cake. What a treat" she said excitedly. "Yeah, I got a little concussion but I'm fine now and I was at home bored so I thought I'd pay everyone a visit" I said. "Well what's with the cake then?" She questioned. "Well mom brought it for me because I have some big news to tell everyone !" I said excitedly. "Oh well I can't wait to hear it, the crew should be back soon, why don't we go to the beanery and wait for everyone there?" She asked. "Sounds perfect to me" I say as she leads me upstairs.

Maya's POV

"Great work 19. 19!!!" She shouts as they all shout back. "19!!!!" "Let's get some food !! I'm staving" andy says like she does every time they come off a call. "Well of course you are Herrera, let's get you some food" Travis replied. As well all walked up to the beanery. "Where's vic ?" I asks trav. "Let's be honest probably on the toilet again, I swear it takes that girl 10mins just to take a piss" Travis said laughing. "You are probably right" I replied laughing as we got to the top of the stairs.

"Gabriella ? What are you doing here ?" I said as I hug her. "Eww get off me, you stink, take a shower. And I was bored, thought I'd come here." She said. "Oi done be rude, I just saved a life" I said. "Well you still stink" she replies. "You made that very clear" I replied. "Am I losing it or does this cake on the side say happy anniversary, who anniversary is it ?" Miller asked so confused as he did that thing with his eyebrows. "Oh that's my cake mom brought me" Gabriella said as every looked at me weird. "Don't give me that look, I'm not a bad mom getting her a random cake, she told us some big news last night and it was the only cake they had left, and cake is cake" I tell them all. "Ooooo what's the new ?" Jack asked. "You got your period ?" Vic asked. "You have a boyfriend?" Andy asked. "Or a girlfriend?" Travis asked. "Are you pregnant?" Robert asks as everyone stares at him laughing. "No of course I'm not, and no to all of them, i actually got into the girls u15 USA volleyball team starting next season" Gabrielle told them with a smile on her face. "My baby is going to be a superstar!!" I told them.

Everyone in the room cheered and hugged Gabriella, Robert and Dean even picked her up and sat her on their shoulders and paraded her around the room. "Thank you guys, and please help yourself to the cake, no way we can eat all of that" Gabriella tells them. "Already on it" Miller says with a mouthful of cake as everyone laughs at him.

"LADDER, TRUCK AND AMBO 19, KITCHEN FIRE AT 1793 WESTWOOD DRIVE" the alarm sounded. "I'm so sorry bambina, we have to go, but please stay here with vic" I told Gabriella running to get my gear on and her following me. "please please please let me come, I'll stay in the tuck the whole time and i won't say a word" she pleaded to me. "I need the experience if I'm going to be a better firefighter than you. I promise I'll stay in the truck, please please please" she begged again but like how could I say no and I knew she was sensible enough to stay in the truck. "Fine get in" I said as she cheered getting in.

Once we arrived at the scene we all jumped out the truck and Gabriella stayed where she was supposed too. "Already 19, Warren and Gibson I want you guys to walk around the perimeter, see what we are looking at, miller and Montgomery you can take the upstairs, search for people and Herrera and sullivan take the hose in and start fighting this fire, search as you go on, let's go team." I said.

"MOM, MOM, MAYA" I hear Gabriella shout. "GABRIELLA I TOLD YOU TO STAY QUIET AND STAY IN THE TRCK." I scream back. "SOMEONE IS ON THE ROOF" I hear her shout back as I look up, and she was right, there was a teenager on the roof, probably about Gabriella's age. I assume he made his way up to escape the fire. I pick up my radio and say. "Warren and Gibson, I need you to take the ladder up to the roof for a rescue" "on it cap" they says as they start moving the ladder to rescue the boy.

After about an hour the fire was out and everyone got in the truck to head back to the station. "You guys was amazing, that was amazing" Gabriella said to everyone. "No Gabriella, you did amazing, you were so aware of your surroundings to notice that boy, no one noticed and any second he could have fell and lost his life, well done" I tell her. "You guys did the hard work, give it a few more years and I'll be doing that too" she said smiling. "Oh god don't remind me, when you start running into fires my hair is going to go grey and I'm going to age 20 years" I tell her and the team. "But you already have grey hair though" dean said to me as I hit his arm, "oh shut it Miller" I said as we made our way back.

When we got back Gabriella headed to do someone drills with Andy and vic while I got a quick shower and then headed to fill in some paper work. Once it was all completed I went to find the girls but they were not where I left them so I headed into the beanery to find music playing and every dancing together. What I great team and family I am apart of I thought to myself.