Italy

DAY 1

Carina's POV

"Home sweet home" I said as I stepped off the plane, Seattle is my home now but Italy was the first home I ever had, it was where I was born, where my little brother was born, where I grew up, went to medical school and had my beautiful baby girl. Italy will always own a piece of my heart whether I live here or not.

We wanted to spend as much time in Italy as possible and to make the most of that time so once we stepped off the plane we quickly got through security grabbed our bags and headed outside to get a taxi.

"taxi per l'hotel Rosen Inn per favore?" I asked at the hotel taxi desk, and 5 minutes later a taxi turned up and took us to our hotel. On the way there I noticed that Maya was constantly looking out the window at all the sites and Gabriella, that smile on her face literally made my day

When we finally made it to the hotel it was pretty late so we went to check in. "salve, ho una prenotazione per Carina Deluca, 2 adulti e 1 bambino" "sì, vedo la prenotazione proprio qui, sei nella stanza 101" the receptionist told me as she handed me the keys and we headed up.

We finally found the room, I pressed the key card up against it and opened the door. "Wow this room is so big" Maya said to me as we brought in the bags while Gabriella ran straight into the room and jumped onto the bed. "Be careful" I shouted at her. "Well why don't we unpack and then go grab some dinner" I asked them. "Sounds good to me" Maya replied.

Once we were all unpacked we went out for dinner just a few places down from the hotel, Maya could see that Gabriella was tired so offered to give her a piggy back down to the restaurant. Obviously the restaurant was an Italian one so me and Maya decided to share a pizza while Gabriella had a pasta dish from the kids menu. The food over here is just so much nicer than in America, so I savoured every single bite, we then finished the meal off with this amazing gelato. "What are we doing all week mama?" Gabriella asked me as she was finishing off her gelato. "Well we have a few days so tomorrow I thought that we could show Maya all the sights, the day after it's Francescas birthday so her mama invited you over for a sleep over, so you can hang out with your friends for 2 days while me and Maya can have some fun on our own, then the next day I thought we could go and do a bit of shopping and chilling so you can go in the pool, Friday we can either go to the theme park or the water park and then Saturday we have to catch our flight to Florida, does that sound good ?" I asked her. "That sounds awesome, I can't wait to see my friends again"

Once we were all finished we headed back to the hotel, this time me giving Gabriella the piggy back, but by the time we had made it back she was asleep so once we got back into the hotel room I placed her down on the single bed and tucked her in. Me and Maya then changed and hopped into the king sized bed to have a conversation before we slept.

"Thank you" she said to me. "Thank you for what ?" "Thank you for inviting me on your family holiday, I know we have not been together every long but I appreciate it, I've never really been on a real vacation so I was actually a bit nervous but I think I'm really going to enjoy it" she said to me as she lent her head against me. "No problem Bella, Gabriella really enjoys your company, and so do I, I'm looking forward to spending this time with you and to get to know you better, especially since we have 2 days alone together" I said to her as a smile appeared on my face. "Why don't we get some sleep ? Tomorrow sounds like a busy day" she said to me. "Sounds like I good idea" I said to her as we fell asleep in each other's embrace.

Day 2

I woke up to the sound of birds cheeping outside of our room. I looked to the side of me and saw that Maya was still sleeping, letting out that little snore she always does, so I kisses her forehead and slowly got out of bed, doing my best not to wake her up. I walked over to Gabriella to see that she was till sleeping, so I grabbed the room key and my purse and headed out to go buy some breakfast.