the devils music

[Scene: P4. Prue and Phoebe are sitting at a table.]

Phoebe: This place couldn't be more dead if I was embalmed.

Prue: Yeah, I think that we're gonna have to take that offer.

Phoebe: What's this guy's name again?

Prue: Chris Barker.

Phoebe: And he's not a loan shark or anything, is he?

Prue: No. He's a collector, an investor. And it's a no-interest loan that we can pay back any time. Trust me, he's not gonna miss the money.

Phoebe: Mmm. Must be nice. When do we tell Piper and Pandora?

Prue: Not until the club is in the black.

(Piper and Pandora come up to them.)

Piper: So, you guys, you do like the name of the club, right? P4. Little nod to the Power of four, to us, partners.

Phoebe: Yeah, it's very clever. Uh, Piper Pandora, it's a little, uh, quiet in here. Don't you think?

Pandora: It'll pick up once word of mouth kicks in.

Phoebe: And when will that be, exactly?

Piper: Well, you can't predict these things exactly. It's not like starting a restaurant. Besides the bank's not gonna call the loan. It's not like we're gonna lose the house.

(they leave.)

Phoebe: Who said anything about losing house? We're not gonna lose the house, are we?

Prue: No, because we're gonna take that offer and trust Piper to this place with people.

Phoebe: What people? Where is everybody?

[Scene: KJCH-FM.]

DJ: Good morning, San Francisco. This is Ralph Garmend and that was Dishwalla's hit counting Blue Car's. Dishwalla and their manager, Jeff Carlton, are my in studio guests this morning talking about club dates and we'll let you know when you can see them.

Jeff: Excuse me. (Leo shows up.) Jerk. (to Leo) You know where the bathroom is?

Leo: Yeah, it's, uh, right over ... (Leo pushes him up against the wall.)

Jeff: Hey what is this?

Leo: An intervention.

(He blows magic dust all over Jeff.)

[Scene: P4. Pandora's looking at the expenditures ... pretty bad ... more than -$20,000)

Pandora: This is bad.

(Jenny walks in.)

Jenny: You should keep that door locked, you know? Anyone could just walk in.

Pandora: Jenny? What are you doing here?

Jenny: Am I breaking the law, right now? Being underage and all?

Pandora: No, we're not open. Actually, I don't know. Uh, what's your point, Jenny?

Jenny: If you were open for business and I was here, would you have me arrested? Because I think friendship counts for something. Even though we're not really friends yet, but at least we're neighbors and neighbors do favors for each other, right?

Pandora: What kind of favors?

Jenny: I need a ticket to the show

Pandora: What show?

Jenny: It's all over the radio. I have to see them. If I don't, I'll die

Pandora: Not a clue what you're talking about