animal Pragmatism

[Scene: College. The dorm. Andrea, Tessa and Brooke are about to do the love spell. A pig, a rabbit and a snake are on the floor.]

Tessa: Okay, I'm freaked. Can we turn some lights on?

Brooke: No, we can't. Can we?

Andrea: It'll spoil the mood. Come on, it says to join hands.

(They join hands.)

Tessa: We're not gonna hurt them are we? Because I promised Ben that I would get his pig back to him tomorrow.

Brooke: It's a joke spell, Tessa. This is just supposed to be fun. I mean, you can choose any animal to turn into a man and you chose a pig.

Tessa: Well, it's frankly known that pigs are the most intelligent species, that's why.

Brooke: Well, then we all know why Andrea chose the rabbit.

Andrea: Just keep your fingers clear. He scratches.

Brooke: Kinky. Exactly why I brought a snake.

Andrea: Okay, let's do this. Say it with me.

Andrea, Tessa, Brooke: "From strike of twelve count twenty-four, that's how long the spell is for, turn these gifts into a mate, and then my lonely heart abate."

(Nothing happens.)

Tessa: Okay, that was fun. Can I go now?

Andrea: Wait, didn't Phoebe say some of the words were wrong?

Brooke: Why don't you call her?

Andrea: I don't have to. The power of technology.

(She gets her tape recorder and plays it.)

Phoebe's voice: No dates required. (Andrea rewinds the tape.) From strike of twelve count twenty-four, that's how long the spell is for, if to abate my lonely heart, enchant these gifts I thee impart.

(A bright light and smoke fill the room. Then the animals turn into three naked men.)

[Scene: Manor. Kitchen. Pandora's there. Prue comes in looking like she just woke up.]

Pandora: What's wrong with this picture?

Prue: Okay, is that rhetorical or do I actually have to open my eyes to look at something?

Pandora: Well, it's a weekday and Phoebe Halliwell is already at campus, while Prue Halliwell, master of the morning meetings, sultan of scheduling and queen of...

Prue: Cut it.

Pandora: How's it feel to be footloose and office free?

Prue: Amazing. You know what I'm gonna do today?

Pandora: What?

Prue: Absolutely nothing.

Pandora: Really? Really, Prue? Nothing entails physically doing nothing, thinking about nothing and worrying about nothing, as suppose to your sister here who's so in the middle of something.

Prue: Okay, sweetie, what is wrong?

Pandora: Well, for starters there is tomorrow. (Prue doesn't know what she's talking about.) Valentine's Day.

Prue: Wow, I completely forgot. See? I'm doing nothing already.

Pandora: And Dan wants me to have a V-day dinner with him.

Prue: Oh, that's good.

Pandora: Yeah, except for the fact that there's...

Prue: Leo. I mean, he is mortal now, doesn't that change things? Pandora, you're my sister and I'm with you whatever and whoever you choose.