One: the bridge

⚠️Tw: suicide attempt⚠️

Remus looked down at the water and then back at the sky. He heard someone approach him from behind and he turned his head.

"Maybe come down from there." The person said. Remus saw a kid his age smiling at him sadly. Remus looked at the notebook over on the bench then back at the guy.

"Maybe go back to your notes nerd." Remus looked back at the sea below him.

The kid climbed onto the edge with him and took a breathe. "Woah I've never been up here before."

"Dude!" Remus immediately jumped down pulling the kid with him. "What the hell!!"

"What?" The kid shrugged. "I wanted to see what you were seeing."

"Are you insane! You could have fucking died!" The kid folded his arms across his chest and raised an eyebrow.

"I could have?" Remus sighed.

"You don't even know me! Why the hell did you just do that?"

"Oh right, pleasure to meet you my names Logan." Remus rolled his eyes.

"Dude, why are you even out here this late?" Logan grabbed his notebook and smiled.

"I was doing research." Logan paused. "I like observing"

"Well go do that somewhere else." Remus walked back over to the edge.

"Not until I make sure you are safe." Logan walked over and grabbed remuss arm. "I dont want to leave you knowing I could do something to stop you from jumping."

"God damn you are annoying." Remus sat down on the bench.

"Persistent, there's a difference." Logan sat down next to him. "Is there a reason you were up there?"

"Duh, I was gonna jump." Remus looked at Logan. "Suicide, isn't it obvious?"

Logan looked towards the road. "If I wasn't here to save you then you would have jumped wouldn't you?"

"Save me? You just prevented me from doing it tonight. I'll just be back again tomorrow." Logan pouted and Remus actually smiled. "Cute, you think pouting at me will stop me from committing?"

"No, but I will be here every night to make sure that you don't do anything stupid."

"Is that a threat or a promise?" Remus asked. Logan rolled his eyes and smiled.

"You need someone, and I'm here. I don't want to see anything about you dying you hear me?" Logan handed Remus a piece of paper. "This is my number. Text me sometime?" Remus nodded.

"Now how about I walk you home?" Remus asked. "It's freezing and you shouldn't be walking around here this late."

"Says you." Logan laughed. "I think I should be fine, I think you are the most dangerous thing that could have happened to me tonight anyways...."

"Remus." He smiled at Logan. "My names Remus."

"Well it's good to have met you Remus, now please don't go jumping off any bridges..."

"I pinky swear it." Remus held out his pinky and Logan laughed as he hooked his pinky with remuss.

"See you tomorrow Remus."

"Yeah, tomorrow." Remus watched as Logan walked away and smiled as he looked up at the sky. "Thank you universe, for giving me a reason to stay."