Three: the fall (part two)

***Logan***

***a few hours later***

Remus grabbed Logan's hand and smiled as they started to walk towards his car.

"So you drive?" Remus asked. Logan nodded.

"Yeah, its better than taking the bus all the time. I do have to stop home before we go because I need to check on my mom." Remus nodded as they got into the car. His chaotic energy seeming to have been drained straight from him. "Are you alright? You aren't acting anymore."

"Well that's because around you, I don't need to." Remus looked at his hands. "Virgil and Janus have their own issues to deal with they don't need to know about mine."

"You know, your brother is an absolute dick." Remus laughed at that and looked at Logan with a smile.

"At least someone else agrees with us." He looked out the window. "So your mom, why do you need to check on her?"

"She's...not doing so well." Logan looked at the road as he continued driving. "She's... she keeps going out and drinking...."

"Of course she's crazy." Remus laughed.

"Not what I meant..." Logan pulled into the drive way and immediately froze in worry seeing the cops and ambulance parked outside. "MOM!?" he jumped out of the car and ran towards the door. An officer grabbed his arm stopping him. "Please I live here, mom!"

"Where have you been?" The officer asked. "Do you know anything about what happened here?"

"I've been at school! What the hell-." Logan immediately saw the body bag and he screamed.

"Logan?" Remus ran up to him and Logan collapsed into his arms. He watched as they took his mother's body into the back of the coroner van and shook.

"How?" Logan asked the officer. "How was she found?"

"Logan?" Logan froze and looked up seeing his father.

"What the ever loving fuck are you doing here!?" Logan went to run at him but Remus pulled him back.

"Officers my friend here will be staying at this address for now, contact me if you need him." Remus wrote down his address and then grabbed Logan's hand dragging him to his car. Logan sat in the drivers seat in complete shock.

"He had to have done it..." Logan looked up at the road as he started driving towards remuss house. "I haven't seen him since I moved here and suddenly he shows up and she's dead?" They stayed quiet as they drove to remuss house. When they pulled into the drive way Remus grabbed Logan's hand.

"It's okay, I've got you." Logan smiled.

"Thanks Remus." The two got out of the car and they walked to the front door.

"Just a bit of a reminder, my moms a crazy person." Logan laughed as they walked inside.

"You're late Remus, you were supposed to make dinner an hour ago." Remus looked at his watch and panicked.

"S-shit." His mother stood up from the couch and he immediately hid logan in the closet next to the door. Remus put a finger to his lips as his mother got closer. "I really thought you would have learned your god damn lesson by now Remus!" She walked over and yanked him by his hair. He screamed. Logan watched as she dragged him away from the closet and up the stairs. His heart racing he jumped out of the closet and went to go run up but someone grabbed his arm.

"Logan stop." It was Roman. Roman was looking up the stairs concern on his face. Logan looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "If you go up there, she'll make it worse..." Logan finally noticed Roman wasn't wearing his usual makeup, and he noticed the bruises on his neck and cheek.

"Oh my god..." Logan looked up the stairs. "Why the hell haven't you stopped her!" Logan hissed. Roman grabbed Logan's arm and took him to his bedroom.

"We'll be in less trouble if we pretend you are my friend not his..."

"Wait so that whole royal ass act at school is just that? An act..." Roman nodded.

"I really care about Remus, I just don't want to see him get hurt by anyone I'm friends with because of the way he acts out..." tears filled romans eyes as he sat down on the bed. "Our mother only wanted me, she always calls Remus a mistake and-and I stupidly agreed with her and now she thinks I hate him and that she has a right to hurt him because-because nobody loves him and..." Roman shook harder. "And when I have my friends over they don't absolutely hate Remus so they help him whenever she hurts him..god I'm such an ass." Logan smiled sadly.

"You really are a royal ass, but I get the whole trying to protect him thing." Logan looked towards the hallway. "But it's not going so well if she continues to hurt him. You need to show her you actually care about him Roman."

"My dads more strict that she is..." Roman glanced down. "Let's hope he doesn't come home before Remus could make dinner.." romans eyes widened and he booked it towards the kitchen. Logan followed. "I-I need to help him I have to do this for him or he'll-."

"Roman who's this?" Roman wiped the tears from his eyes. Logan turned around and saw their mother in the doorway.

"Hello ma'am." Logan smiled kindly. "I'm a friend of..." Logan paused and looked at Roman who was pleading with him to say his friend not his brothers. "I'm a friend of Romans."

"Ah nice to meet you logan." She looked at the pans that Roman took out and the ingredients and her eyes looked mad while she still had a sweet smile on her face. "Roman, can I talk to you in the living room?" Roman gulped and followed her out of the room. Logan peeked around the corner. She slapped Roman and started screaming.

"HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE PUNISHED BECAUSE YOU LOCKED HIM IN HIS ROOM!" Logan smiled a bit. Roman was finally standing up for Remus? Another slap.

"Don't you disrespect me!" She shoved Roman into the wall. He groaned and fell to the ground. "Tell your friend to leave this house right now, no actually..." Logan saw her smirk and romans eyes widen. "Let him stay..." Logan backed away from the door.

"NO! LOGAN!" Logan went to run for the back door but someone entered the house and he bumped into them.

"Woah there boy." Logan was suddenly dragged towards the living room. Roman had tears in his eyes seeing the person holding logan. Logan saw the women walk over to them. She kissed the man who was holding him and then lifted Logan's chin.

"He's a bit different then our boys..." Logan immediately looked at Roman eyes wide. Roman was crying heavily.

"Mom no..." Roman tried to stand up. "Please no." She smiled at Logan.

"Honey, why don't you take him to our guest room" he was suddenly dragged down some stairs and into a room in the basement. Logan felt his heartbeat pick up as the man closed the door behind him. Logan collapsed to the ground crying heavily. No longer able to hold himself together. No wonder why Remus wanted to kill himself.