Twelve: the reason I protect you

AN this is a flashback chapter
⚠️mentions of rape⚠️

***Roman***

"Patton I told you I don't want to discuss this, they can hear us." Roman glanced at his closed bedroom door.

"Then come on we can go to my place! You have an eating disorder Roman we need to get this looked at before it gets worse!" Roman was going to say a reply when his bedroom door was thrown open. He and Patton both jumped only for it to be Remus. He looked like shit. Roman almost started crying right then and there but he looked away and collected himself.

"Remus what the hell!?" He growled. Remus held his broken arm and then looked at Patton.

"Didnt realize you had company sorry, I was just trying to hide.." Worry filled romans heart but he quickly looked away.

"Closet." Roman gestured at the closet. Remus smiled thankfully and hid in the closet. Patton looked at Roman and Roman was going to reply when their father entered his room.

"Patton." He smiled and Roman immediately shook his head at his father.

"He was just leaving, he wanted to make sure I was okay. Studying for tests and all..." Patton looked at him and roman shook his head. "Bye Patton see you tomorrow." Roman held back the maybe from his sentence but Patton understood and frowned.

"Yeah," his smile came back to his face. "See you tomorrow kiddo!" He waved as he left the room. Roman walked over to the window and watched Patton get into his car and drive off. He took a deep breathe and turned to his father.

"What?" He asked as he crossed his arms.

"Where the hell did your shithead of a brother go?" He asked. Roman shrugged.

"How should I know?" That was going to bite him in the ass later wasn't it?

"Roman, where the fuck is he?" Their father stepped closer. He raised his hand to hit roman and Remus immediately jumped from the closet grabbing his arm.

"You hit my brother I swear to fucking god I'll break that hand of yours." Remus hissed.

"Remus!" Roman pulled him back. He suddenly looked worried and then turned around to face their father. "I-."

"Roman, you don't have to pretend." Remus whispered. Roman started to shake.

"Oh Remus, if only you knew." Their father laughed. "Now you two boys have fun." He walked out of the room and Roman sighed in relief.

"Roman..." Remus looked at the door then back at Roman. "What the actual fuck was that?" Roman took a deep breathe.

"Nothing, now get out of my room. I was studying and because of you I had to kick Patton out." Roman went to grab his books and sat back down on his bed. Remus shook his head.

"No, he almost hit you Roman? Has that happened before I don't understand I thought you hated me..." Remus looked at the closet then back at Roman. "Why were you protecting me?"

"Go away Remus." Roman threw a book at him. "Just go away." Remus frowned.

"Roman?" Roman looked up at him.

"Out." Remus left the room and roman relaxed and put his head in his hands.

"Roman," Roman froze and looked up at the doorway. "Downstairs."  Roman shook his head.

"I didn't-."

"You have to deal with the consequences of pissing your father off now go." Roman stood up and walked to the door. She grabbed his arm and dragged him down after her. He glanced up at the bedrooms and thanked whatever was keeping Remus in his room. "And because remus is home, we'll have to just tell him you went off to a friends house now won't we?" Roman started crying heavily.