Thirteen: Janus, you jinxed us

****Remus****

"How's logan?" Remus asked. Virgil looked up and sighed.

"Still in critical condition." Remus sighed.

"I'm sorry, this is all my fault." He looked down at his feet.

"Hey no, don't blame yourself. We all were stupid and tried to get out before the cops even got there this isn't your fault. Lo will be fine! He's going to wake up he's a fighter he won't let this man be his killer!" Remus laughed.

"Oh most definitely not." Remus and Virgil just laughed and smiled as they looked over to the officer talking to the nurse. "Think he's flirting with her?" Remus asked.

"Probably, he's going to get over here and be all cranky now." Virgil whispered. Remus laughed.

"Rejected rejected, you just got rejected-." Virgil covered remuss mouth as the officer walked over.

"Dude!" The officer rolled his eyes.

"Of course they'd give me the detail where I have to watch annoying teenagers." He grumbled.

"Actually Sam, I'll take it from here you can go somewhere else." The officer nodded and walked off.

"You guys can just do that without discussing it with your superiors?" Remus asked. The other person standing there laughed. Remus then noticed he wasn't in uniform. "Uh..."

"Don't worry, I know you don't recognize me." He pulled out a card. Remus took it and then smiled.

"Officer Thomas!" Remus hugged him.

"And now I'm confused." Virgil said.

"Virgil, officer Thomas came to my house and he was on call at the time because Patton called the cops on our parents and-."

"And they didn't arrest anyone!? They had the perfect opportunity to create an investigation then and there!"

"Virgil they had Roman locked away somewhere! I was scared..."

"And it made sense as to why you were. You also never called me to check in after you have been for months Remus so we called it and went after them." Remus smiled.

"So Patton giving the signal?" Remus asked.

"It alerted us as to where you all were. We figured he'd have had to have been the one behind all of you going missing. He took Logan first, then Virgil here, then Patton and Janus. We already talked with the others about why they went with him-." Virgil shook his head.

"No." Virgil grabbed remuss hand. "Not in front of him." Officer Thomas nodded.

"It's alright, it's actually my day off but I wanted to stay here and protect you guys out of uniform. As long as I'm here then there doesn't have to be an officer at Logan's door just out at the hospital doors."

"Wait why are they stationed at Logan's door anyways?" Virgil asked.

"Virgil, do you know why logan and Remus got into a fight before logan was taken?" He asked. Remus looked at officer Thomas concerned.

"How do you know? Only roman and my aunt..." Thomas nodded quickly.

"Your aunt was never working on this case," Thomas paused. "Remus, she was working with your father."

"What!?" Remus stood up immediately and panicked. "N-No that means....Wheres Roman!? Someone should be with him I..."

"We've got eyes everywhere don't worry." Thomas looked at Virgil. "I do want to talk with you, but only if you are up to it. I know I'm not technically on call right now I would like to know your reasoning." Virgil nodded.