Prologue - The New Story Begin

(Rimuru's perspective)

"(sigh)..."

It's been 20 years since Great Tenma War has ended. A lot of things have changes since then. But there's one thing that didn't change...

Why do I have always to keep doing these jobs, I better just fighting my enemies and crush them again and again, than keep doing all of this

It's not like I'm a battle maniac like those guys though, but still.... give me a break

"(sigh)..."

Anyway, the world was at peace ever since then, there's no any major conflict. We repaired all the damage done by the result of war. Many kinds of new development being done here and there, and we live at prosperity that we never even dreamt of in this world.

But now, I have been doing this 'damn' paper job for almost every day in the span of 3 year straight.

I'm done doing this damn thing. I want a break.

"Ciel can you replace me for doing this job" I'm pleading to my Partner, but...

<< I'm sorry Master, it's your job as a king >> just like thought, though I need to convince her

"Please..." I said with cute voice

<< No >> she said with cold voice

"Please just this one... okay? This is the last time, okay?" I said with cuter voice

<< NO! >> she said with even colder voice and I can imagine she turn her back to me now. There's nothing out of it at this point.

"(pouting) Yeah yeah, okay, I'm doing it"

Yeah, I have been doing this all this time. But what can I do about it? Just like Ciel said, this is my job as a king. In fact, if I compare it to my subordinate job, my job is relatively easy. But still, it take a lot of toll out of me.

Actually, Ciel can do this job with lightning speed, but lately she always declining me. One time she said "this is not the optimal way to use my power". Then after that, she never wanted to replace me doing this job again.

As much as I want to argue that statement. But, she right actually. Though the real reason is that, I never won an argument with her.

Yeah, anyway I will finish this job quickly, and going straight back to my lovely Japanese style house, and relax, I'm really tired. Not physically of course, but mentally. And I want to relax as fast as possible.

***

Ah, this house is really perfect for relieving my mental fatigue...

My house never changed ever since I first ask Mird to build it, even though my city undergone such a drastic make over, it's full of skyscrapers like Tokyo now. But I want to keep my house, cause just like I said before, it's perfect place for me to relax.

It has nice tatami floor on it, for me to role my body over like a child, it's so comfortable. It has large garden with many beautiful plant and flower. And don't forget, small little pond with Japanese bamboo fountain on it.

Ah, It's so peaceful in here...

Yeah peaceful, but it just for temporary moment. Because I will doing those job again tomorrow.

(sigh) I'm done with that job, I don't want to that again, I want to do something 'else'...

"Hey Ciel, do you have any suggestion? Don't you want to do something else too? or do you want to keep watching me doing this job?" I turn back to my Partner while laying down on terrace or 'Engawa'