Chapter 17 - The Day when Everything Change

Adding 'Love' into the equation is so difficult...

And be sure to read the afterword...

--------------------

(Rimuru's perspective)

"Hoi! Rimuru, Rimuru!" several meters away in front of me, some tan-skinned muscular man blocking my line of sight, which now was just an air for me because my mind was not there to grasp it. And the voice he directed at me, didn't even get to my ear drum so I didn't hear it.

All I think is finding a way to solve our problem...

My body didn't even dare to give the pulse from the five senses and my perception back to my brain...

"Brother!" Two big hands sandwiched my body by my arms, almost the same golden eyes of mine filled the majority of my sight, and the same voice as before finally bypassed my brain.

"Ah- Veldora, what's up?" I snapped out of my messed mind, and went back to the world I was in.

The person who makes this possible, my brother, Veldora, immediately grabbed my arms with his powerful hand, and forced me to leave Ciel behind who is with Shizu-san as of now. Veldora kept dragging me, until we got into a tree plenty meters away from them but I can still see Ciel in the corner of my eyes. Below the shade of the leaves protecting us from the hot sun rays of midnoon, I got to talk with Veldora.

"Everyone becomes worried you know. What happened to both of you? Is it because Shizu's question to Ciel yesterday?" he asked me in little bit concerned look, which was very rare to see worn by him.

And by his words, the blocked memories the whole time before and full scope to the entire town from my perception. All got into mind, and I finally realized what me and Ciel accidently caused because of our own state. Just like Veldora said, all of them, child to adult, citizens to executives, in the entire town, wore tense expressions, they are all but worried about what happened between us.

Some even affected their works, like Shuna who stopped sewing with Garm and Dord. Also, the unmotivated Shion leaves her soldiers by themselves. Those two are the ones who might know what actually happened just like Shizu-san. A question that starts all of this, like Veldora said just now. However, the only thing I could take from all of this was...

What have I done, if only I solve this problem right away... everything before would never happen in the first place...

Our Citizens wouldn't be affected too...

This is all my fault... I need to find the real solution soon, but...

...

"I-I see you know about it too..." I said in a tired voice, while my spine slowly drifted by the trunk of the tree behind me, to the ground. Sitting on the ground full of grass.

"It's partially because of it, but there was some small 'incident' that happened that turned the way it is now" sitting at the grass below the tree, in pained expression I said dejectedly with my head hanging to the ground. Veldora then took a seat in front of me.

"I believe you don't want to tell me the full story" he said in a serious tone to me looking sharply at my eyes which still kept staring at the ground.

"I'm sorry Veldora, I don't think I could" I don't want to talk about what happened, it pained to look back considering the situation we are in because of it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a blissful experience like a dream come true. I mean I got my first kiss from My Dearest Ciel and got to realize the reason why she gave it to me. But it really hurt me because how it turned out now, how powerless I'm handling the aftermath. And now everyone also has to taste the bitter side of it along with us. This problem escalated even more just like I thought. But I still...