Chapter 11

Manish's Pov :

What was that guy doing in Arshita's room and what the hell was happening in there? I haven't actually ever seen a guy like him, he's such an asshole! I mean what does he even have against Arshita??

Why is he so much after her to fight? But this time it didn't exactly looked like they were fighting! What was that awkward position? What the hell was going on between them?

"Manish? Manu?" I heard Arshita's voice and immediately turned around putting a full stop on my thoughts, what am I even thinking? I'm sure Arshita had nothing to do with this guy.

"Yeah!" I said smiling slightly as she came upto me and asked, "What's wrong? You looked so lost"

"Nothing.... I was... I was just thinking...about... You! Yeah you!" I said trying to forget all the things and that awkward moment which I had witnessed earlier.

"Even when you're here with me? That's cool!!" Arshita said giving out a teasing smile while I just chuckled rubbing the back of my neck as I looked down.

"Well I guess it's your fault, you've been on my mind a bit too much lately without permission" I said and Arshita looked at me for a moment and then laughed saying, "Oops! Do I need to get the permission?"

"I don't think so, I have a big mind so there's a lot of space for you to stay" I said and she laughed more while I couldn't help but admire how she looked so effortlessly beautiful, "Arshu!" I said still staring at her face as she was smiling.

"Hmm" She asked as she stopped laughing and looked at me, "If anyone ever tries to take that smile away, break their face! Even if it's me" I said and she smiled widely once again, "Sure! But I was just curious, did you ate something wrong today?"

"Not really! Why?" I asked confused as she said smiling cheekily, "Nothing, you are just acting a little too different from your businessman role, but I must say that I like this side of yours"

"Great, then no more businessman Manish in front of you" I said and she smiled again.

"Okay, then let's go play games" She said when I remember that I still hadn't given her the gift which I specially brought for her, "Before that! There's something I need to do" I said and Arshita stopped as she was going back towards the backyard where everyone else was present for the bonfire and the games while the two of us had came back inside to bring back some snacks!

"What is it?" Arshita asked curiously and I held her hand as I took her to the couch and made her sit, both of us were finally alone and I was actually waiting for this moment because I wanted to have a moment with her since I had came.

"A surprise gift for you! I really hope you like it" I said sitting beside her as I forwarded a gift towards her, Arshita looked towards me excitedly as she asked, "Really? I love surprises!"

"Great. Go ahead and open it then" I said smiling as she took the gift from my hands and immediately started opening it while I kept staring at her hoping that she would actually like it, I had to really really thought a lot about this gift.

Arshita opened the gift as she looked at awestruck not even blinking her eyes once and then she looked up at me as she spoke up, "Are you serious? THE NICHOLAS PARKS' NOVEL? That too with his autograph? You know how much I'd been trying to get this"

"Do you like it? I just remember that you had told me that you love reading books and also that he's your favourite novelist, like an inspiration, so I just..." I was saying when Arshita smiled widely while looking at the book.

"I loved it. This is seriously the best gift I've ever received!" She said as the next moment she kissed my cheek and hugged me tightly, and I almost froze on my spot. Her touch had such a huge effect on me that I felt like my heart would just jump out of my mouth when she was so close to me, I came back to my senses as I hugged her back happily.