Chapter 43

Shubman's Pov

I wasn't looking for anything at all when I met Arshita..... It was actually that point of time where I'd left all the hopes of finding someone to love again and believe in this concept of love and feelings, it all seemed fake to me when I had been left heartbroken, which is why I wasn't planning on falling for anyone soon. But then I met her..... And that was it! I guess things just happened.... I found her and I found myself wanting to talk to her, not really at first but by the time went by, she was like a force. Which came into my life unexpectedly and without any warnings, at first it all felt just like a destructive and childish relationship but then suddenly it all started making sense, and I think that's how the best relationships begin, when you're not looking for anything and then you suddenly realize..... That you have something.... Someone who always had to be there!

It had been a week since Arshita had confessed her feelings for me and it all felt like a dream, all this time I couldn't believe that I was actually dating someone after everything that I'd went through because of some relationship. Arshita had been like a breakthrough for me, because ever since she'd entered in my life..... It was like she left me no time to dwell on my past, she kept me engaged one way or another, either by fighting or by talking our hearts out! She introduced me to my better self, to my other side that I'd hidden under my broken heart but she was one who had finally healed me.

I was sitting in my office with Narcissist-Red's new novel in my hand which had released just two weeks ago but instead of reading, my mind just kept wandering about the thoughts of how the past week had went through and it felt like I had new life altogether, it all felt better than ever and I couldn't help but get overwhelmed at fact of finding a love that sounded just like those romantic novels! I was busy smiling to myself when the next moment my phone rang and I jerked up to sit straight in my chair as I immediately looked at my phone to find the name flashing on the call which was enough to make me smile wider, 'Sharma🤍'

I picked up the call immediately and spoke, "Hi! Missed me?"

"No, but I guess you're missing me! Because a boss shouldn't be smiling like an idiot while sitting in his office holding a novel which he isn't even reading!" Arshita spoke up on the call and my eyes widened as I looked all around the cabin when my eyes stopped at the glass door where she was standing outside my cabin with the phone sticking close to her ear, she found me looking at her and winked at me while waving a hand.

"Well... you're here at my office to see me, so it explains who was missing whom" I said still on the phone while looking towards her and she showed me her tongue, "Should I go back? If you weren't missing me, what am I even doing here!" she said giving me a look as she turned around I immediately bolted out of my chair and opened my cabin's door as I held her hand and pulled her inside before she could walk away.

"I was joking Sharma!" I said while taking the phone off of my ear and dangling it in front of her face saying, "I was missing you and was also lost in your thoughts like an idiot! Is that better?"

"You'll have to do much better than that! Because for instance, who saves their girlfriend's name on phone as 'Sharma'?" She asked while pointing at my face with an annoyed face and I just shrugged my shoulders, "Well that's because I like calling you that! Would you rather I call you baby or honey?"

"Eww that sounds horrible!" Arshita said while scrunching up her nose and I just chuckled while pulling her closer keeping my hands on her waist as I said, "See I knew it! What name have you saved for me?"

"Uhh well you don't deserve anything better after I saw my name on your phone! Aisa lag rha hai koi mohalle ke ladke ka call hai!" Arshita said making a face and I just chuckled as I took her phone from her hand and she looked at me widening her eyes as I immediately looked at the called id while she was miserably failing at trying to snatch the phone from me, perks of having a good height!