Chapter 30

Third Person's Pov :

Manish had left the the place after the whole lot of getting angry and upset! Arshita who had slouched down on the stair was crying because she felt responsible for all that was happening just because of some damned feelings she had!!

Abhishek and her mom immediately went upto her as they got her to stand up and took back to her room! Arshita had been silent all this time while tears weren't ready to stop falling from her eyes when her mother decided to speak up, "What is wrong with you Arshu? How can you do this to Manish? You know I always thought that my daughter would never do anything that would deeply hurt and disappoint me! I always let you do whatever you wanted in your whole life and this is how you pay me back? And leave me.... But Manish? What has he ever done wrong to you?"

"Massi calm down! I'm sure she has some or the other reason.... Or why would she take such a big step? Please let's —" Abhishek was saying when her mother interrupts asking again, "Reason! Tell me what it is? Arshu.... You know ever since your dad passed away... I'd always wished that you'd find a perfect guy like him.... And you also did! But what then? You broke his heart, I never knew my daughter was capable of breaking hearts... That too of someone who loved you with all he had.... Manish is perfect for you, even you knew it! Then why? WHY??"

"I'm sorry mom, for disappointing you and also dad! I'm sorry!" Arshita said almost in a murmur and her mom just sighed as she also had tears in her eyes, "I don't want your sorry! You've done enough.... You've done all that you could..... I don't even talk to you right now!" her mom said as she walked out banging the door closed behind her and Arshita kept looking down at her hands as she sat on the end of the bed while crying when there was a knock on her room's door and Abhishek went and opened the door.

Shriya stood there on the door and he looked at her with a blank face as he recalled their conversation from earlier that had been left in between because of all the things that had happened... He didn't said anything as Shriya asked slolwy, "How is Arshu? I was just really worried for her! I don't know what made her do all this"

"Come in" Abhishek said as he bought her inside and Arshita looked up at her while Srhiya came and sat beside her while keeping her hand on her shoulder in a comforting manner as she asked, "Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't know.. I just —" Arshita was saying when Abhishek stopped her coming upto her!

"Arshu... Look at me! What is wrong? You can tell me okay! We always share everything with each other right? Please tell me, you're really making me worried now... This is all so sudden that I just... I can't even get the time to wrap the things around and understand them.... Please say something! You must have a reason for taking this step" Abhishek asked her as he sat on his knees in front of her wiping off her tears and Arshita slowly looked up at him as she said, "I love someone else Abhay!"

Abhishek and Shriya both looked at each other and then at her in shock as she said those words.

"What—wait! Who... I mean... How? You were dating Manish and I don't recall you having any other guy in your life ever since" Abhishek asked making a confused face and Arshita just shooked her head as she finally spoke up, "I've never met him! You remember that dating app... That you downloaded in my phone... I ended up talking with a guy.... And I.. I don't know... When... How... I just realized that I had feelings for him when he didn't come to see me... When we had decided to meet... He didn't come and I realized that I was really wishing that someone would show up and be that I've always talked with, who seemed perfect even with so many flaws... But he didn't came Abhay!"

"Wait Arshu.... Did you really broke your engagement for some guy whom you've never met in your life?" Abhishek asked her widening his eyes and Arshita just nodded her head slowly while looking down, "But didn't you love Manish? Isn't that why you agreed to his proposal?" Shriya asked and Arshita just sighed as she said, "I do like him... It's just that everything that happened over the past few days had messed up my mind and heart so much that I can't even think straight! I kept thinking that I love Manish because he is just perfect... But I didn't knew that I was actually falling for someone else in between of all this! "