Chapter 39

Shubman's Pov

I was driving the car as Arshita and I were coming back home after all the girlfriend drama while she was not ready to stop talking about it as she had enjoyed so much!

"I really am like a perfect girlfriend.....I mean there was no way that she thought we were faking even for a moment!" Arshita said happily and I just shook my head smiling slightly as my mind was still fixed on that new found feeling which had been bugging up inside me and now I was getting more and more curious to understand this better, and the one thing I was sure about was that it had something to with this girl who was sitting beside me while talking non-stop!

"Did you saw her face when you said that we were celebrating our anniversary?" Arshita spoke up again and I looked at her coming out of my trance as I asked, "Are you that happy after meeting my ex girlfriend?"

"Yes I am, you know because all this while I couldn't stop thinking about how much she'd hurted you by the way you used to talk about her.....and ever since I really wanted to teach her a lesson" Arshita said and I smiled slightly while taking a quick glance at her and then focused on the road again while asking, "Were you that worried for me?"

"Yeahhhh! I mean.....no.... Uhhh yes but.....not like you know..." Arshita was saying while looking here and there and I chuckled while shaking my head as I said, "Is that a yes or no! I'd be hurt if your answer is no"

"Yeah fine! I was worried.... You know because you were literally a lonely ass in those texts and it was like I could feel that hurt you'd went through just by the way you used to explain it all" Arshita said and I looked at her while making a face as I asked, "Does that count as being worried or making fun of me?"

"Maybe both" Arshita said chuckling while I just shook my head when the next moment she suddenly shouted, "Stop the car!!"

I immediately pressed on the brakes in reflex and looked at her in confusion asking, "What's wrong?"

"Lets have some ice cream" She said pointing out of the window towards an ice cream parlor like a six year old while I just looked at her dumbfounded, "Seriously? You scared me.... I thought something happened to you"

"Were you that worried for me? I can even hear your heartbeat right now" Arshita said and I just flushed in embarassment while keeping a hand on my heart as I asked, "Really?" 

"No I was just kidding! Come on out now" She said while laughing and I just sighed while making a face as I finally got out and followed behind her, we went inside the ice-cream parlor and she ordered a sundae for both of us stating that it's her favourite!

We both came and sat in a corner booth with our sundaes and she took a bite while a big smile made its way to her face, "Oh my god......I love this! I couldn't even eat anything properly because I was so invested in my acting!" 

I kept looking at her with a smile on my face while she was busy eating her ice cream happily and once again I wasn't able to take my eyes off of her as she just sat there looking effortlessly appealing and just herself and that was the best part about her, she was always real and never tried to be someone she's not! she always does whatever makes her happy and never pretends which made her more attractive.

"Why do you keep staring at me today?" Arshita asked suddenly looking up and I immediately looked away while trying to focus on my sundae which was almost melted by now, "I....wasn't staring....I had just looked up"

"Do you want to say something? Its like...you just...keep getting lost? Is that because you saw Kavya?" Arshita asked me raising an eyebrow and I looked up at her saying immediately, "NO! She doesn't have anything to do with my behaviour! I told you I'm over her!"