Chapter 12

Ishan's pov :

It's midnight and I was sitting in my car thinking about everything that just happened... Things are not OK. I am not OK. The girl I have loved and trusted the most over these past few years just broke my trust and I don't even really know why!

Everyone makes mistakes in their life. But there's one thing that hurts the most,  being Betrayed! Which I'm feeling right now.

I came back home after Arshita's house warming party which turned out to be a disaster for me.... I still can't get over the fact that Shriya lied to me that she went on a date with Abhishek.

As Abhishek mentioned about the date I felt my heart broke ... Not for the fact that he went on date with Shriya but the fact that she lied to me just to go with him.

I didn't even change my clothes and just layed down on the bed staring at the ceiling while all the things were running in my head "That was an amazing date right Shriya?" those words by Abhishek were still running in my mind as it was hard for me to accept that Shriya ignored me for a person she just met with.

It's been more than a decade for both of us being best friends and like a few months into me realising that I have started developing feelings for her but that doesn't look like in Shriya's case because she looks way more interested in Abhishek.

The pleasures and benefits of having a best friend are abundant, but they come with a price. Friendship, looked at through a clear and wide lens, is far messier and more lopsided than it is often portrayed.

One explanation for imbalance is that many friendships are aspirational or one sided which I see in my case.

She lied to me just to go on date with a guy she met few days back and she hardly knows him much ... I kept on thinking like this the whole night and couldn't sleep at all.

Next day in afternoon I was sitting in the dinning room trying to get busy by doing some work but couldn't as I was not able to concentrate.

Shriya has left around 30 messages and even called a lot of time but I didn't picked up infact I switched off my phone after getting irritated.

I was staring at my phone as I have not switched it on since for like 3 hours that's when the door bell rang and brought me out of my thoughts.

I sighed while getting up from the sofa and went to open the door "Yess...who is it?" I asked while I opened the door but paused in between when I saw Shriya standing on the door.

"Hello Ishu" She whispered slowly whereas I didn't respond to her and was just looking towards her only "Won't you even talk to me?" She asked with an apologetic look on her face whereas I kinda felt my heart break again remembering everything.

I turned back and started walking inside whereas she followed me behind closing the main door "Ishu please talk to me, I've been feeling so guilty since last night" Shriya said while I sat down on the sofa.

"What's there left to talk about chia... I've been trusting you blindly and you just took an advantage of that!" I said finally breaking the silence.

Shriya shakes her head in denial "No it's not Ishan! I can never take an advantage of you... You are my best friend .... I know I made a mistake a big mistake which hurted your feelings... But trust me that was not my intention" Shriya said while she sat down infront of me on her knees.

I kept on looking towards her and slowly I can feel my heart melting "You have been my Best friend since beginning and I know I’m probably the last person you want to hear from, but please hear me out. I don't know where to start but I can't lose you Ishan .... you mean a lot to me, more than you know" Shriya said while looking at me while she genuinely looked guilty.