Ch 11: Isolde

I lost track of time as I explored the forest. I gasped as I realized I only had thirty minutes to make it home before Logan showed up, and I began to run. I had just shut the door to the house when I heard him pull in. Gasping for air, I ran to the bathroom and started the water to take a quick shower. Mostly, I did it to mask the fact I was out of breath, but I knew I needed to start getting ready for tonight’s date. We only had an hour before we left, and it wouldn’t take him long to change. I quickly undressed, and as I was about to climb in the shower, I heard him stop outside of the door. “Isolde,” he called. “Yeah,” I yelled. ‘Nice try,” he laughed. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I replied. “Next time you decided to go exploring, you might want to watch out for patrol vehicles. James told me he had seen a girl running away from the forest. When he described the girl, I knew it was you and told him not to worry about it,” he said through the bathroom door. “Whatever,” I yelled.

            I sighed as I realized I had been caught. Ugh. I did wonder why he wasn’t upset at me. I crept to the door and slightly opened it. “Logan, why aren’t you mad?” I asked.  “It does me no good to get upset. I wish you wouldn’t explore on your own, but you’re going to do what you want,” he answered truthfully. “Oh,” I replied. “Go shower and get dressed. Time is ticking,” he said. I shut the door and quickly showered. I grabbed the blow-dryer his sister left there and quickly dried my hair. I sighed as I realized I really couldn’t do anything with it; it either laid flat or spiked up. I decided to try for the bedhead look and spiked it up. I applied some eyeliner, eye shadow, and some lip gloss. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I decided that while I looked different, I liked the way my eyes popped with the liner. I wrapped the towel tighter and darted across the hall to my room. I grabbed the bags from the store and pulled out the dresses and the heels. I grabbed the red halter-top dress and put it on. It had black lace detailing around the bodice and waist, clung to and emphasized every curve, and it stopped mid-thigh. It also showed off the angel wing tattoo on my back. I tried on a couple pair of heels but ended up settling on the hooker boots. They came up to my knees, and the heels were only a few inches. It was a weird feeling being dressed up and showing off this much skin, and I was worried about what Logan would think.

            As that thought crossed my mind, he knocked on my door. “Time to go,” he said. I opened the door and made my way to the living room where he was waiting. I noticed his jeans were tighter than normal, and his shirt clung to every muscle and made his eyes seem darker. His face was blank, and I looked at him with a defiant look on my face. Not waiting for him to say anything, I walked out to the car. A few minutes passed before he came outside, and we left. The ride to the club was silent, and there was a lot of tension filling the car. Maybe I had made a mistake in wearing this, I thought. When we made it to the club, I made my way inside; again, not waiting for him. I found a seat and sat there watching people. An hour passed without Logan coming over to me, and I figured my plans at seducing him had failed. As I sat there and sunk into a depressive mood, a stranger approached me; he was cute in a certain bad boy way with his leather pants, tight black t-shirt, and piercings. “You wanna dance?” he asked. I nodded and stood up. He took my arm and pulled me to the dance floor. The music was something I’d never heard before, but it pulsed through the room, and I could feel it in my bones. The guy’s hands gripped my waist and pulled my up against him. “I like your tattoo,” he whispered against my neck. I could feel his teeth scraping against my neck, and right as the word “vampire” ran through my mind, he was pulled away from me. “She’s mine,” Logan growled at him, his eyes glowing. The guy must have realized Logan was a werewolf, and he must have been fairly new because he left without a fight.

            Logan grabbed my hips and pulled me up against him. The music changed to something a little slower paced, and without conscious thought, I was grinding my hips against Logan, letting the music take over. He looked down at me and said, “You can’t go running away from me.” “One, I wasn’t running. Two, you never told me this club catered to…other things,” I responded. “You weren’t running? You were out of the house without a second thought, and you didn’t even wait for me once we reached the club,” he responded. His hands tightened, and I looked at him. “You’ve been quiet since I came out the bedroom and the car ride was weird, I figured you were upset with me,” I told him. He laughed, “I’m not upset with you.” “Well then, what’s wrong with you? You’ve been acting weird all night,” I replied. “You’re what’s wrong with me. You walk around in your skimpy outfits which leave little to the imagination, and then you decide to wear this out in public. You’re mine,” he growled before his lips crashed onto mine. This kiss held the same passion as the one in the bedroom the other morning, but there was a desperation, a neediness, to it. I kissed him back, matching him, as my hands found their way into his hair. I whimpered as he pulled away. “Not here,” he said. “Then let’s leave,” I whispered. “Are you sure?” he asked. “Yes,” I growled. He smiled and grabbed my hand, leading me out of the club.

        The car ride back to his house was full of unsaid need. We were both out of the car as soon as it was parked and in the house in record time. He shut the door and pushed me up against it, his lips crashing down to mine. I pulled away long enough to pull his shirt off and then went back to kissing him. His hands gripped my hips hard enough to leave bruises as I clutched his shoulders, and soon, the kiss deepened. It was a thing of hunger and primal need, tongues battling for dominance. He won, and as his tongue delved into my mouth, he lifted me up. My legs wrapped around his waist, dress riding up, as his hands moved to grab my thighs. My whimper turned into a heated moan as his lips left mine to travel down to my neck. He pulled away once again, and I growled. “Are you sure you want this, Isolde?” he asked. “God, yes,” I panted. He laughed and went back to kissing me. His hands gripped my thighs tighter as my hands found their way to his hair and gripped it hard. He staggered away from the door and made his way into his bedroom. As he growled against my lips, I smiled. I had managed to seduce my werewolf.