Overdue Apology

Hi! This apology isn't to apologize for not posting any new chapters or anything like that. It's to apologize for something that I have done in the past and I want to own up to my mistake. 

2 years ago I posted a mini-series for Zetsu and in it, I said a joke that isn't appropriate for me to had said(I'm not sure if appropriate is the right word. Joke in poor taste????).

 I now see the joke in a way that is offensive and gives off a racist innuendo. Innuendo???? (Once again I'm not sure if innuendo is the right word to use). 

The joke that I'm apologizing for is, "Oh and why are you black and white?? Can you say the n-"

The joke that I'm apologizing for is, "Oh and why are you black and white?? Can you say the n-". I was never going to type the full word. If it wasn't cut off it would have just been "Can you say the n-word"

At the time I wrote this joke I just saw it as a joke. I didn't think this joke had any bad connotations. I was very ignorant. I should have known better. I am grateful that I had the tiniest bit of common sense back them to never had said or typed the word out. 

I have strayed away from these jokes months later that chapter was published as I quickly learned how offensive those jokes were. 

I have never said anything blatantly racist things with horrid intentions. I have never looked down on others because of their skin.  I did however say jokes that play on stereotypes of POC because I only saw them as a harmless joke. At a young age, I even laughed at jokes that were making fun of the stereotypes of my own heritage. I never realized how derogatory those jokes were. I let others make border jokes in front of my face and I laughed with them and ignored the negative feeling that I had as they said those jokes. I'm terribly sorry if you felt the same way as you read the joke that I made in the Zetsu chapter. 

I'm sorry for not addressing this sooner. I had forgotten about that bad joke until a comment that I received earlier caught my attention. I don't really read comments because of how many notifications I  receive on a daily basis. But I'm really grateful that I paid attention to that certain comment. 

I can't describe the guilt and how sorry I am. 

I removed the joke from the chapter and I will be soon reviewing the past chapters to make sure I didn't do anything similar.

If the joke didn't affect you (If you aren't part of the black community) then please don't comment anything like "The joke wasn't that bad" or " Oh that's just dark humor". This isn't your place to speak. I will be deleting any comments that are negative to the black community. I will however keep any comments criticizing me. 

I'm sorry.