Soulmate Au-Itachi pt.2

A/n: So I decided to rewrite this because I didn't like how it turned out the first time. I enjoy this version better hopefully you do too!

Never once in your life did you ever see hand holding as intimate, something  you felt nervous to initiate. You held the hand of your closest friend subconsciously when you found yourself in an uncomfortable situation, seeking security.  You held the hand of your guardian as a child when crossing the street or in the grocery store so you wouldn't get lost.

So why...

Why are you so afraid to intertwine your fingers with his?

This is what you wanted. You wanted him to stay with you. He was your soulmate after all. So what's stopping you from reaching over and holding his hand? What's stopping you from holding his hand and doing more.

What's stopping you from doing more?

To embrace him in your arms.

To press your lips against him.

To sleep beside him and wake up in each other's arm.

To feel his hands roam your body

To feel him inside you and scream his name

What's stopping you from saying " I love you"

You've held him before, when you begged him to stay. So why couldn't you muster up the courage to hug him again? You never told him you loved him but you heavily implied it. You know he knows how much you love him. So why can't you form the words and just say it?

"You're touch starved."

"Huh?" You trailed behind Itachi and Kisame as they were going to take on a  bounty mission when you heard a voice. You turned around and looked for who the voice belonged to. Your eyes scanned the crowd when your eyes met those of an elderly man sitting right outside his tea shop.

" I can see it in your eyes sweetie." He waved for you to come and pat the chair beside him. You were about to make your way towards him when you heard Itachi's voice call out your name.

You noticed Itachi had his hand reached out but brought it back to his side. " Don't wander off." he said while looking at the old man suspiciously.  

"Very protective of your soulmate aren't you lad?" The old man chuckled lightheartedly. " I Don't blame you son. This world can be really cruel but you already know that don't you."

Itachi had his eyes narrowed at the old man while the old man smiled back. Kisame stood beside you with an unamused look on his face.

"I'll be fine" you spoke. You knew Itachi was very protective of you but the old man looked like he held no ill intentions but rather as someone a protagonist would seek for wisdom. " He's a kind old man nothing bad will happen." you said trying to reassure Itachi.

Itachi nodded hesitantly and left with Kisame but gave one last look towards the old man.

" I'm guessing he isn't very trusting." the old man joked and you smiled in response. You sat beside him and accepted the tea he offered you. " You two remind me of me and my wife when we were the same age as you."

" How so?"

" Very much in love but to afraid to act on it." he took a sip of his tea before explaining. " Your soulmate has been through a lot and doesn't want to get attached because he is afraid something bad will happen to you. But he already failed. Just by keeping you by his side he's already too attached. My wife was just like him."

He reached over and held your hand.

" And I'm just like you." you muttered. Tears formed in your eyes and his as well. He ushered you inside his tea shop to have more privacy.

" I was touch starved at one point as well. I craved for physical touch and it only grew larger when I met my soulmate. I overcame my fear at some point but when I reminisce about my life my only regret is that I didn't hug her more often. Kiss her more often. And even as something as silly as holding hands is something I wish I did more often. Don't do the same mistakes as me. When your soulmate comes back don't be afraid to hold his hand."

You nodded your head furiously as you wouldn't be able to say anything as sobs poured out of your mouth. The old man comforted you as you broke down. He rubbed your back as you wiped away your tears.

"Thank you."

-----------------

The sun was setting and you sat outside with the old man named Iroh waiting for Itachi to return. You were laughing with him until you heard a cough behind you. You turned around and Itachi was standing behind you.

" Thank you for your time Iroh! I enjoyed talking to you but it's my time to leave." You said as you got up from your seat.

" May fate let us meet again." Iroh said before taking yet another sip of his tea.

After saying goodbye to each other you walked along side Itachi. Remembering Iroh's words you mustered up all the courage you had and held Itachi's hand. You felt him tense up under your touch. He tried pulling away but you held on tightly.

" I'm not going anywhere so you better get used to me!" You exclaimed. " I-I... love you."

You looked up to see his face and you smiled at his reaction. His face was flushed and tears were welled up in his eyes. " Don't feel pressured to sa-"

" I love you too." He whispered out while giving your hand a small squeeze. A blush crept onto your cheeks and at the tips of your ears. You looked down at the dirt path as tears fell down.

" Thank you Itachi." You croaked out. You felt a burning sensation in your throat but payed no mind. "I don't know what you've been through but I'll promise to make you happy."

" Just having you beside me makes my happy." He said as he wiped your tears away. " Thank you for giving me the opportunity to love."

Not being able to contain yourself anymore you held his face in your hands before pulling him closer and giving him a peck on his lips. You then grabbed his right hand and brought it to your lips. You kissed his ring that glowed with a deep red Itachi was used to seeing but this time it felt different.

Itachi held your hand and brought it to his lips. He kissed your fingers and lastly your ring that shined with a deep red color for the first time. You smiled knowing that you would be seeing less blue.

Itachi brought his fingers to your forehead and flicked you.

" Huh?" You rubbed where he had flicked you, slightly pouty.

" Thank you."

A/n: This is much better. The fluff that should've been part 1. Hopefully this makes you guys happy. Two things real quick.

1. x Black reader oneshot will take awhile because I want everything to be perfect and if you guys could recommened any good fanfics of x black reader so I could take notes that would be wonderful! I will be finding some as well! Some Oneshots will be a lemon while others would be fluff.

2. If you use Tumblr to read fanfics you should follow me! I post for Haikyuu, Attack on Titan, Mob Physcho 100, Hunter x Hunter, and Demon Slayer. I have 6 requests slots open there if you are interested. Link is down below

http://lovingfictionalguys.tumblr.com