𝟿. 𝙴𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎

A/N

You have chosen to escape with Technoblade.

Vote and comment :)

ت

It has been two years since I lied to Wilbur Soot. Two years since outside privileges were taken away, years since the sun faded away to a toasty fireplace. The sky traded for stained wood and flickering light fixtures. A warm smile was ever present on a President's face.

I lied.

I lied and he locked me up.

It had taken months for him to trust me again. Months of locked doors and small smirks. He never finished my training in that time. But rather continued it in secret. Tommy thought I had gone on holiday. Tubbo even knocked on my door, asking if I was back home yet.

Wilbur had opened it.

He had said, "No. No, she will not be back for some time."

And closed the door once more.

Tommy couldn't intervene for me. The boy couldn't stop Wilbur from his strenuous exercises and ploys for me to become better, stronger, faster. Once Wilbur locked that door I didn't have a failsafe. Only him to talk to. Only him to curve my mind to something I never wanted it to be.

That time I didn't have the strength to fight back, not yet.

But now. Now I did.

I released The brunette's hand with utter softness. Complacent and forgiving. I would leave with Technoblade. I would go back to L'manburg. With a debt or not, allies or enemies, I didn't care anymore. I needed freedom from that cabin, from this hole.

I needed Tubbo alive.

Wilbur seemed curious, confused at my sudden distance. I had to stop myself from trying to escape just then, from his self proclaimed ignorance of my true emotions.

The cord that tied us together was made of the past. We were bonded from more than just blood. We were wound from death, pain, and fear- not all of it our own but others as well.

It's time he realized that this cord could be cut.

I smiled slightly, "That's good to know, that I can trust you." When I didn't elaborate he stepped closer to me once more, and I almost shattered by the control I was keeping.

"Did you-" he stopped, turned back to the door Techno once left and narrowed his gaze.

In a quick action barely known to me I placed a hand on his shoulder to distract him, the long sleeve of silk dipping down at the angle as I did so. My thoat ground together like sandpaper, "Wil I..." It burned me to use the nickname in fake. "I will tell you everything. Everything, I promise."

I trailed my eyes to him finally, taking a deep breath to brace, "I just need time. A little more to process what-"

Wilbur stopped me, a hand on mine pressing my skin into his shoulder with his own. Looking down he sighed, "I get it." Without a word he slipped away from me, away from the light illuminating the middle of the room.