27. Seeing Things

its been awhile i also lost my font thing so your getting shit font ily

:)

It has been a week.

I know I had promised myself to get out of this house, but it's web wraps around me tighter every day. My bones and joints still ache from time to time, but worst when I just wake up. Which Techno tries to make me forget about it with a dig at my posture, or a remark about my cooking skills since I had insisted we switch off day to day for. It had some to the point I had almost forgotten about the debt between us. He had never ordered it when offering to fight with him, I wonder if he would ever use it.

Its careful dance we had. Not to mention my nightmares. They were so undeniably lifelike. Since my first at Techno's house, Dream had fazed out of my dreams only to make appearances in daily life. Tommy had replaced him on that front. I was scared at first I will admit, but this had happened before to me like prior to my speech. Just this time, He seemed more... present.

But now it hasn't been when I was just alone. He never speaks, I don't know if he even can, or maybe that's against the laws of my mind. Even so, he appears both when I'm stressed and at a pure calm. I've been trying to catch myself you see, though his appearances are expected they still gave an edge of fear to me. So when I find myself stressed, I try to placate myself. when I find myself calm, I think about-things.

It never really works, but its nice to have a modicum of control.

"What are you doing?" Techno drawls. I snatched my coat off the hanger. Well-not really my coat, but at this point it was.

He never wore it anyways.

I smirked, throwing it over my shoulders. "Swimming. The butterfly stroke actually, it's very easy once you-"

"Don't be a smart-ass." He leaned his elbow on the doorframe. His scar on his cheek had gotten lighter, a dull red. Every time I looked at it I was reminded of my state because of Wilbur, crazed. Crazed enough I wanted to save the whole damn country. But I learned that heroes never got remembered.

I smiled just a little at his antics. "Out for a run."

"You can't be out in your cond-"

"Oh shut it." I stomped the heel of my tracklike boots, fitting the back into the shoe more securely. "I wont get any better by sitting around all day." He began to retort but I leveled my gaze. "Cooking does not count."

He bit the inside of his cheek looking me over, "Fine. Ill be tending to Carl." He turned to leave but swung around pointing a large finger at me. "And is you so even sense trouble you call my name."

I rolled my eyes, with a small smile. "Yes, sure."

He knew well I could handle myself. The arrow was a once in the lifetime opportunity, or at least that's what I thought of it.

He walked away and I strode through the main room to the door. It was snowing, but it had been light. The fall of the flakes was slow and calm, and as I stepped out onto the deck I sensed Techno stepping out the backdoor as well, I started running.

-

The rustle of branches was the first thing I heard.

My senses honed in on the soft brush of petals, the first buds growing in a new spring. But I felt no warmth outside, only darkness. I opened my eyes, and found myself standing on oak. Again there was a certain luminescence to my form, like I wasn't totally present.

"Any news?"

My head turned so quick I thought it might have snapped off. Dream sat at a circular table, his hands preoccupied with a one man chess game. He was on the light side of the board ironically enough. It was dark outside, the only light being a lantern in the middle of the table. It illuminated the chess pieces in such a way that their shadows stood stark against the dark paint behind him.