𝟸𝟼. 𝚂𝚊𝚏𝚎𝚝𝚢'𝚜 𝙻𝚒𝚎

The light that comes into my eyes is almost too much at first.

It wasnt a light of death, more of morning. Like when you wake up too early and peak out the window only to be blinded by bright clouds or freezing snow. That was the kind of light that seeped through my closed eyes.

"Wake up-please wake up."

I expected the voice to be distant, but he was close enough to touch. I felt a pressure on my stomach, and I shot up from my place on the bed below me.

Techno had been leaning over me, his forehead's warm imprint still fluttering on my stomach. His eyes widened at my form as I looked around the room. I was warm, and the expanse of deep woods around be startled me. The last thing I remembered before that strange nightmare was unending snow.

"Where am I?" I said. Moving from my position I groaned, trying to put my feet on the ground. I felt as though I was going to throw up. He moved quicker than me, swiftly swinging my feet back under the soft covers and putting a rough hand to my shoulder to ease me down. I complied with caution, grimacing as my head did cartwheels, and my stomach somersaults.

He hurried to the bedside table, bringing over a small bin and a glass of water. My gaze felt heavy, but I narrowed by eyes looking up at him. "Answer my question."

I huffed a soft sort of laugh, but he didn't seemed that amused at my state. "Never trusting are you?"

I waited as he passed me the glass. I looked down at it, sniffed the water for any toxins. I looked up to find his hard stare. I moved to place the glass back but his hand stopped me. "You are north at my cabin," he looked around as if seeing his place for the first time. "I made it many years ago."

To my surprise, he pulled another empty glass from the bedside table. Moving slow as if not to startle me, he took my own glass and poured some of my water into his.

I watched intently as he brought his own glass to his mouth and downed the drink.

"Believe me now?"

I pulled my glass to my chest, still hesitating to drink. He sighed, "You really think I would bring you all the way here to kill you?"

Looking back into the glass, I swallowed, and I knew he could tell he had me there. Slowly I brought the water to my lips. I hadn't realized how parched I was. I drowned myself in the water, taking it down in one gulp, placing it back on the tale. I stared at the glass for a second, but still there was no effect.

I didn't let him speak first, though my voice was strained I raised my head to talk. "What happened after I was out?"

Technoblade shook his head, his eyes going dark for a second. "What do you remember?"

"Gray." I breathed. "I was running, there was so much gray. And then..." He waited for me to continue, and my brows furrowed. "Tommy shot me didn't he?"

I shivered, and the hybrid lifted the cloak of his shoulder placing it on my own. He shifted backward, leaning far in that chair of his. His chair that was warm and homely. Now that I thought of it, his whole home was homely. dark curtains motionless and heavy around me enclosed a full bed. It wasn't luxurious, if anything it seemed like a hand-me-downs, but it made me feel warm in a way.

"Yes," He said. "Homemade and dangerous arrow he had, mixture of all the worst disarming potions there are."

"He wouldn't have killed me."

Techno's gaze hardened. "Exactly. He would have brought you back to that place, he would have given you over to the new authority, and they would have tortured you for information or perhaps pleasure."

My throat grew tight, and my hands cold. "I need to go." I whispered, moving once again from my place on the bed. He didn't stop me this time, but stayed close. My feet hit the ground, and I pressed them lightly to the hardwood. Cold.

I pressed my callused hand so far into the bed frame I was afraid it might crack. I wasn't so confident I could walk, but I felt the need to try. I was quite literally stuck in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with a man in which I knew more about his fighting style than him himself.

My legs instantly gave out as I rose to my feet, Techno quickly sweeping me up and sitting me down again. He opened his mouth to chastise me but I rolled my eyes. "I get your point," I sighed.

My head felt heavy, and eyelids heavier. My muscles so worn it would have seemed I ran a mile, but I only fought dozens of men. Now that I think about it, the latter may be worse. As if Techno could read my exhaustion, he fluffed up a pillow for me and fixed his cloak around my shoulders. I almost gawked at his careful hands and almost-almost caring eyes.

"Sleep." He commanded, walking away from me to turn out the light. And when he did so, the window across from me only seemed deeper and darker, the outside winter night and howls too much for my shivering form.

"Leave it on." He looked back to me, skeptical of my state. His eyes dragged across my face. I knew he was cataloging the way my eyes widened, the slight strain of my jaw.

Technoblade nodded, turning the light back on and shifting into the room once more. He stilled in front of the window. "Nothing will come to harm you when you are with me. You are under my protection, mine to look after, so do not think so darkly of the things outside but rather here." He looked back to me, his face illuminated by the cool blues of the storm. "Your safe with me."

I swallowed tightly as he closed the curtains and walked from the room closing the door behind him. The thing was... I believed him so wholeheartedly. I knew there was some semblance of safety with him. But once he closed the door, he revealed a man behind it.

I was safe with Technoblade, but he had left.

Dream tilted his head at me, the mask on his face the same as the man in my nightmare.

I must be insane.

Though I felt the need to stay up, to be ready for what this crazed illusion had planned for me, my eyelids left as if they were bricks. I swore I saw a small smile on his face before I slipped away, back into my nightmares.

The kind of smile willfully ignorant of their chaos, one so utterly enraptured and joyful it was cruel.

ت

this was a little filler but it needs to be done. exile coming soon, and i'm going to be adding in more non cannon events to spice it up 💗💗

NUMBER 1 IN TEEN WRITER BABYY
😏😏😏