𝟷𝟶. 𝚁𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗

A/N

You have chosen to climb, taking the trees back to L'manburg.

vote and comment if u enjoy! helps this get out to more people <3

ت

With little time to spare before Wilbur collected the rest of the oak tree, I lunged for the nearest sturdy tree. Instantly I felt the rush of seeping water, roots digging into the soil. I clamped down on my mind to keep it from wandering, there was no time.

In a quick orderly fashion, I planted a foot in front of the other, my hands not needing to latch onto blanches. Wil had stopped in his chopping and I quickly nestled in a deep wooded area above.

He stopped, looked around himself. If I continued running I would have been caught. Wil is no idiot. I released a breath, waiting for him to pick out another tree to keep moving.

But Wilbur stood stick straight.

The man didn't even continue looking around him. Wind pushed at his collar as he burrowed his gaze in a tree.

My tree.

Had I made too much noise to get up here? Bark was less of a problem then the leaves I was currently in, but I wasn't moving an inch.

That's when my heart plummeted. I felt the absence of warmth on my shoulders.

In my haste Technoblade's cloak had flown off me in the harsh weather. It now layed on the grass beneath my branch, the blood red color open for all to see.

I looked up to the night sky and counted my stars. I needed to go. To run now while he is distracted. But each step of his boot brought him closer, closer to the cloak, closer to me. I seemed frozen, unable to move in a state of severe shock.

Shit. Pull it together.

Wilbur finally reached the cotton, he shifted down running the material through his fingers.

Wilbur would certainly be suspicious of him now, if not damn him to the consequences. But I was certain Techno could come up with a lie, he seemed to be good at that. Right?

I held my breath counting the seconds in my mind to calm me. Voices clamored in my chest screaming to have their opinions heard. They didn't seem to be out for blood though. Even if some had grim intentions, the voices seemed to be concerned, if not irritated now.

Go now, You can outpace him.

Watch the axe y/n.

Go to him you fool, he's your only chance of-

I cut them off. In a quick motion I rose from my spot above him, rustling the foliage in my way. I couldn't help myself to glance at his reaction at least once. Icy wind tore at my shirt, but I couldn't feel anything. Nothing at all as he looked up to me.

There were simply too many emotions that flickered across his face to summarize into one feeling. I didn't care to check his pulse for it. With a quick smile and a two finger salute, I fell backwards into the next tree.

Wil shouted, he tried to run fast enough to catch my fall but stopped at the sight of me. I snatched the next branch pulling myself around to swing to stable ground on the bark.

He tried to speak. He tried to talk.

I didn't hear a word. Now I sprung from each branch, using my feet and hands as a guide against the bark. My limbs burned with exerted muscle but I pushed on. Wilbur's yells dissolved into nothing as I reached the tower, in which I marked the nation because of its height.

L'manburg was dead quiet.

An eeriness that I should have expected but felt wrong. Cabins and complexes were shut down for the night. Only a few stragglers sulked about the streets from what I could see at my higher advantage. The houses stood small, so low I could see the Whitehouse on a cliff parallel to me. I glimpsed the podium, a bit lower than I was across town but still visible.

Jumping from the cliff I landed in a tree below with a grunt. My body could only take so much, being exerted like this after no practice felt like whiplash. I was careful to not make sudden sounds to wake up the nearby citizens. Not caring to climb the rest of the tree down I jumped to the dirt ground, my hands growing stained with nature.

I made a move to get up. Through the cluster of trees in front of me stood the cobbled streets. I swallowed approaching the nearest alley where the dirt gave way to cement.

Everyone knew me here. I traded fresh meat with the butcher down the street in exchange for money. I took that money to give to a struggling baker with little funds and too much motivation. My thoughts drifted with the kind face of Nikki, but I narrowed my eyes at the alley which was now most behind me.

As much as I cared for the citizens, many, with the new President installed, would give me up in a second. I had to find Tubbo. I didn't have a plan, but the idea of giving myself away that easily did not sit well.

I kicked up against the narrow alley, a foot hitting one cobble side, turning and I grabbed the other side with two hands. I didn't need anything to latch onto, as long as skin was against the surface I could climb practically anything. These houses were not a challenge. It seemed like I had lived on the roofs. They were one of my only escapes from the President. It would take just long enough for him to catch me again, granting the little freedom I basked in.

I pulled myself over the ridge and planted a foot in front of the other heading to Tubbo's home. I could practically picture it now, windows letting in cool air and his bees flying in and out of the house like they were free to do what they pleased.

My feet were callused, even more than usual after a night of exertion when I reached the small boy's hideout. Nevertheless I didn't give Tubbo the courtesy of wiping my feet on the mat outside as I opened the unlocked door. I stepped onto the hardwood with soundless perfection.

Perhaps I could take him far away- maybe I could come back and finish Schlatt off myself.

Tubbo had sunk into a light green sofa, legs tucked under him. He looked... distressed. In his hand he held a small notebook, scribbling illegible words. I stepped forward to speak but he stuck up in a quick motion, checked his watch.

I stood in confusion as his eyes widened, a frightened look upon his delicate features at the time. Not wanting to invade his private thoughts anymore, I announced my presence by shutting the door.

Tubbo flinched in earnest, turning to the door, "Schlatt I know you-" the brunette stopped. His eyes widened even more, mouth agape.

I started forward, glad to see him react at all. At least he didn't have such negative emotions about me yet, even if he looked scared out of his mind.

The boy swallowed looking at my temple, taking in uneven breaths. "Y/n?! No, No, No."

My eyebrows drew together and my hand found its way onto his shoulder, "What's going on?"

"You have to leave!"

Tubbo glanced behind me as if someone would walk through at any moment. My grip tightened, "We have to leave Tubbo. Schlatt's going to-"

A large creak of a door, polished boots clicked on spruce. I shivered, not completely because of the winter wind.

The President of L'manburg stood behind me. A waft of whisky met my nose. He drawled low and steady, his voice weighted with booze.

"Schlatt's going to what now?"

ت

A/N

I have been pasting this all from google docs and I just figured out my login to write in Wattpad on a computer. This is pasted though, I may write better here next chapter who knows.

No choice, this is a extra before the more main event. 2 chapters in a row, who am I? 🚶🏻‍♀️