𝟸𝟸. 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝙸𝚗 𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚜

Anyone who would like to do artwork just private message me it!! I just got this amazing quick sketch of y/n, credit:UnknownBirb

ت

There are moments in your life when the things around you seem to slow down. All of the objects, people, the rays of sun calm to a stop for your own convenience.

This was not one of those times.

The crash of dynamite was bigger than life. It never seemed to end. Everything seemed to move in such a fast pace faces blurred into a single being. Objects were a dull gray. All I knew was that I couldn't breathe. I hit the floor too hard, and there was something burning and dry in my throat.

"Y/n." Someone coughed beside me, their voice was low and heartrate erratic.

The only person it could have been was him. It would be him.

But I couldn't respond, my eyes were shut tight at the overloading sense of destruction. My body was filled with the tremors of the earth. My throat ached from what I still didn't know. I didn't remember screaming.

Hand circled around my shoulders and settled me into a far wall. At least the cold felt nice, I seeped into the cement like a lifeline. The explosions were dying down and screams were starting to surface from the men outside, lost brothers and sisters perhaps, the death of a nation. I didn't care to think of anything. My only worry was the man in front of me, and my two shut eyes.

Distantly I heard a clatter and slosh of a potion, and soon my hand was gently lifted to cup a vial. My eyes were still shut tight, I could feel the ash and blood mixing upon my stained cheeks.

"Drink." He said sternly but with a gentleness. I swallowed my pride, peering open my eyes to see him crouched before me, his cape still a blood red despite the ash that rained outside. I could distantly hear Eret's soft footsteps getting to his feet.

With shaking hands, I didn't check the contents of the potion. I was reckless and swallowed it whole. The relief in my throat was unmistakable, the tartness akin to healing.

I squinted my eyes up at him. We wouldn't have much time. The people would be gathering soon and Technoblade came to fight. The strength in my joints carried, almost being charged with electricity. Before me he looked down. I knew this might be my last chance, too go willingly that is-to wherever he make take me. I didn't know this man. I didn't know his actual values, his fears. Who was he? I had no idea.

But there were warring parts of me that always wanted to know.

I made slow moves not too startle him. Taking the vial's extra fluid, I dabbed the pink on a clean side of my finger. His eyes narrowed down at me, his jaw feathered. Sitting up I took my hand from my side and raised it to his forehead. There was a cut from his temple to his nose just missing his eye. It was thin but noticeable from our fight.

Lightly, I extended the herb across it. He jolted for just a second surprised but came back to my finger slowly. The cut's healing was almost immediate.

My jaw locked tight, and my eyes blazed newfound life. I knew this would be a rash decision but I couldn't be here anymore, sure this country would fail without me but so what? Who cared. Who cared about me? Almost no one was there, at least not the people that counted...

"I'll go."

Technoblade tilted his head at me, his eyes found the door where shouts started to echo across land. People were yelling for Wilbur.

I didn't let him speak yet. Standing up, I didn't break eye contact. "But they don't die."

He smirked and stood up as well. "Oh your bargaining now?"