𝟷𝟹. 𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝙸𝚝 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙱𝚞𝚛𝚗

A/N

You have chosen not to tell Technoblade.

thank you to those commenting!! it's one of the only things keeping me writing <3

ت

I backed away slowly, a saddened smile on my face. The tremble in my fingers was too easy to fake.

He would know about the event in a matter of probable hours, it would be suspicious if I didn't tell him of it now when I had the information to do so. But my order? My lie to Schlatt? That secret would be kept with me for as long as possible.

"Its just- I saw Schlatt," I admitted.

Technoblade cocked his head, reaching his full height again. I suddenly remembered his anarchist position. Why would he fight on Pogtopia's side to overturn L'manburg then? Was it from kindness? He had to have another motive.

The man's lips thinned, "And?"

I walked back to my bed, ruffled from my last nightmare. His frame was condescending rather than concerned. Once I had abandoned him to my cloak he leaned against the door frame, picking at his lengthy nails. I turned back a little focusing on them. If I looked hard enough I could see dried blood at the beds.

Mine had long been scrubbed clean.

I prepared myself to speak making sure I didn't fiddle with my hands or rub my neck. Techno had to be trained in similar things I am. Not being pinned as a liar would be quite difficult.

"Schlatt visited Tubbo as I arrived, but he threatened him."

His eyes thinned a slight smile on his face, "And why would be do that?"

I took a slight breath to calm myself. Schlatt had threatened Tubbo because of me, I had to give Schlatt the answer he wanted. But I couldn't say that to Techno. My fingers slipped over the silk of my coat, "I going to assume that he was persuading me for what happened next."

Several breaths hit the warm air before a word was said. Techno gave a smile that didn't reach his eyes. He looked accepting of my answers, maybe a little too accepting. He nodded along for me to continue.

"Schlatt announced a festival to be held the 16th. He ordered Tubbo to organize it and to invite you..." I swallowed, "For me to make a speech."

The blade seemed to take his time to take this in. He looked up to the ceiling, skipping the part he was involved in. He didn't seem that concerned about the event, only the manner I was telling him of it. "And may I ask, why would he be holding a festival."

I shrugged, "Beats me. Maybe for his overall reign? The exile?"

He smiled like that was a sweetest thing has ever heard. And then he looked back down. I expected him to see through my lie, my omit of information.

But Technoblade said alright, a sickening smirk on his face as he nodded and walked closer.

I resisted thinning my eyes at his demeanor. Laughing lightly I lifted my chin to him, "So what's your favorite color?"

His eyebrows notched together, "Red why-"

He didn't have time to doge a punch to his jaw. It already fanned his favorite color across his cheek bone. I smiled, he yelled, or as much as he could in monotone.