Chapter 2: Bailed Out

When Khalil wakes up he's sitting in a cell, He's sitting beside a man laying down on the bench. He gets up and runs up to the bars. He begins banging on the bars.

"Hey, why am I in here, I'm not supposed to be here", Khalil yells.

"Keep it down inmate", one of the guards yell back.

"But I'm not supposed to be here", Khalil yells back.

"The hell you ain't, you came up here with $150,000 in cash that's been connected to a bank heist yesterday afternoon, and a number of unregistered weapons, now sit back and wait to see the judge", the guard replies.

"But I don't remember any of that", Khalil says.

The guard doesn't respond, Khalil walks back over and sits down. After about 2 hours, the guard walks up to the door. 

"Payne, you have a visitor she claims to be your Lawyer", the guard says.

"I don't have a Lawyer, Khalil replies.

Just then, Jenn walks from the back and up to the bars. They stare at each other for a few seconds. Jenn looks at the guard and he walks away.

"Khalil what did you do?", Jenn asks.

"I don't want your help Jenn", Khalil replies.

"Well you're gonna get it, you helped out my family and took the painkiller away from me, I have to repay you some type of way and this is my way", Jenn states.

"So you came to Gotham to bail me out of Jail?", Khalil asks.

"No, I came to Gotham to help you solve your painkiller problem, and then bring you back home", Jenn says.

"Why, there's nothing waiting for me back home, no dad, no mom, no family, no you", Khalil replies reaching for her hand.

"Khalil, You will always have me", Jenn starts.

Khalil grasps her hand, but she pulls it away.

"As a friend", Jenn finishes.

Khalil looks away from her.

"Which is why I came here as a friend to get you out, now I think with my dad and Uncle Gambi's connections, We can try to talk to the judge, and maybe get you out of.....", Jenn says rambling.

"No, I don't want your help, and I don't need your help, If they see you in here helping me they will connect you to a meta and I can't have that happening, so please Jenn, go back home and protect Freeland", Khalil says cutting her off.

"But.....", Jenn tries to say.

"No buts just go", Khalil yells turning around and going to sit back down.

Jenn stares at him for a moment then walks out of the Police Department. Anissa and Dionte wait outside for her, she approaches them.

"So what's up, are they gonna release Khalil?", Anissa asks.

"They might, if Khalil would actually let us help us", Jenn replies.

"Wait, Khalil didn't want your help?" Anissa snaps back.

"No, he literally yelled at me to leave", Jenn says rolling her eyes.

"Typical", Dionte says shaking his head.

"Wait a second Jenn, what did Khalil say exactly", Anissa asks.

"He said, he doesn't want me to be connected to a meta and me being there helping him will cause those connections", Jenn says.

"Well maybe he's on to something, If we can't help him, then maybe WE can help him", Anissa says rising her eyebrows.

Jenn nods in agreement.

"Well can someone fill me in on this "WE" helping him", Dionte says putting air quotes around we, "Because we actually have to help him".

"Oh WE are gonna help him", Jenn says.

Her and Anissa walk away from the police department, Dionte following in confusion.

Later at the Police Department, Khalil walks back up tot he bars.

"Guard, do I have a bail price", Khalil asks.

"Maybe, but with all of that stolen money, you must not have any money, so you can't post bail", the Guard says.

"All I asked was for a price", Khalil says.

"And all I asked was to be Chief of Police, but that position went to James Gordon, so we both don't get what we want do we", the Guard says walking up to the bars.

Khalil's eyes turn red for a second, he snarls.

"You know, if these bars weren't right here, I would shove that baton, so far up your....", Khalil starts but gets caught by the lights flickering.

Suddenly there's a chill throughout the Police Department. The lights go out. In the distance, Khalil hears the sound of a long inhale, then a strong wind gust goes through the department. He stumbles but doesn't hit the ground. As he looks down the hall a bright orange light emerges, walking fast down the hall, shocking and knocking out every police and guard in the distance. The blaze settles, the light turn back on to reveal, Lightning, Thunder, and Pyro. Khalil smiles.

"Cryo melt the bars", Lightning says.

"Sorry but I made it so cold in here to put ice on the floor so that the guards could slip and fall, that my fire powers, won't activate", Cryo says.

"I got it", Anissa says inhaling and pulling the bars off of it hinges.

Khalil walks out, staring at Lightning.

"I though I told you not to help me J", Khalil says.

"I know, that's why I told my good friend Lightning to come help me, bail you out", Lightning says.

He hugs Lightning, then walks over to Anissa.

"Even with our rocky past, you still came to help me Anissa", Khalil asks.

"Anissa didn't help you Thunder did, but both had a part in it", Thunder says.

He looks over at Dionte.

"Cryo?", He asks Dionte.

"Better than Painkiller", Cryo says.

"Thanks for coming to help", Khalil replies laughing.

They walk out of the department. After about 15 minutes Ghoul and about 7 people walk in looking around at the unconcious guards.

"See I told y'all, a meta is among us, that or a skillful asassin and there's  probably more coming", Ghoul says.

Police Sirens are heard in the distance.

"And here come the Chief of Police ready to call on his savior, let's get out of here, there's gonna be a war sometime, but not right now", Ghoul says turning around and walking out the door, stepping over guards along the way.