Chapter 20: Gotham's Finest

After reading this Chapter, go over to My Black Lightning Book, Black Lightning: Drug Awakened and read the Final Part to that book. This is the ending for this book, but Black Lightning: Drug Awakened: Chapter 20: The Book of War: Revenge (Finale 2) is the Ending for Both Books. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After deciding that the only way to save Khalil is to return Painkiller back into his body, the team sits in the Batcave, trying to figure out what to do next. Alfred sits on the computer, looking at surveillance tapes of Gotham. 

"Alright so what's the plan?", Jenn starts, "How do we track down Painkiller?".

"We might not have to track him down", Anissa says standing up and walking to a white board.

She begins writing on the board.

"Ok so as we all know, Painkiller comes out of Khalil whenever A) something is harming Khalil that Khalil can't beat, B) something is harming someone who Khalil cares about, or C) something is preventing Khalil from making a hard decision", Anissa says.

"Ok, where are you getting at?", Bruce asks.

"Don't you see the connection", Anissa asks, "Painkiller comes out whenever Khalil can't be the hero, he's like an Evil Hero".

"What's an Evil Hero?", Dionte asks.

"An Evil Hero, is a evil person who does the dirty work, a hero can't do, for example, saving our lives meant sacrificing someone, we as heroes and people who never harm innocent people, couldn't make that decision even though it was a decision that needed to be made, Painkiller being the Evil Hero, made the decision to kill Dinah", Anissa says.

"What does that have to do with finding Painkiller?", Jenn asks.

"If being the evil hero is what brings Painkiller out, let's lure him out by making a fake crisis", Anissa says.

"Ok that might work, but how do we get Painkiller to go back into Khalil", Bruce asks.

"Huc atque illuc",  Khalil says sitting up grunting.

"Huc atque what?", Bruce asks.

"Painkiller is just a Latin Curse which strengthens the anger inside of you, but I've been cursed so long, I know my way around Latin Legends, There's a saying called "huc atque illuc" which means......". Khalil starts

"From one to another", Jenn says.

"What does this do?", Bruce asks.

"It takes the curse from one person to a person that utters the words", Khalil says.

"Like when you took the curse from Jenn to you", Anissa says.

"Exactly but this time, it will just come back to me", Khalil says. 

"This may work!", Jenn says.

"It has to work", Anissa states.

"Ok so now that we know how to return Painkiller back to Khalil, what crisis are we going to create that will bring Painkiller out", Bruce asks.

"We might not have to create a Crisis", Alfred says.

Everyone turns and looks at him. 

"Looks like Joker and his team of Misfits, are up to no good again", Alfred says.

"Joker?", Brandon whispers to Jenn.

Jenn laughs at Brandon's concern.

"Long Story", Jenn replies.