Chapter 11: The Jokester

*Key Points* Cryo=Dionte; Make sure you're reading this Book and the correlated book Black Lightning: Drug Awakened, Crossovers will start to happen and you will be confused.

Ra's al Ghul stands at the front of the room. He paces back in forth in front of the league of Assassins. They each sit nervoulsy, knowing that he must be angry.

"How on Earth, could the League of Assassins, lose the strongest member of this new freaking team in Gotham", Ghul says.

"Her 2 friends, came to help her out, and she flew out the roof during the fight", Nyssa says.

"2", Ghul Questions, "as in the number after 1, y'all let 2 metas beat you".

"They're very well trained", Talia chimes in.

"YOU'RE VERY WELL TRAINED", Ghul yells.

He begins pacing again, then suddenly pauses and looks at Black Canary.

"Did you get anything, a name, a face, any type of intel?", Ghul asks.

"No sir!", she replies lowering her face.

"No?', Ghul says shockingly, walking up to Black Canary, "Did you say no?".

Black Canary takes a deep breath.

"No sir, I didn't get anything", Black Canary states.

Just then he back hands her out of the chair.

"THEN WHAT GOOD ARE YOU?, YOU HAD ONE JOB AND YOU FAILED AT THAT", Ghul yells.

Black Canary jumps up.

"Listen, Let me be clear, I'm one of the best members you have on this team, I don't have to sit here and take this!", Black Canary yells back.

"Well you know where the door is.", Ghul says.

Black Canary stares at Ghul for a moment then walks toward the door.

"But let me be clear, If you walk out of this door, you may never return, and from this day forward you will be an enemy, and you know what we do to enemies", Ghul states.

"You have to find me first", Black Canary says walking out.

Ghul stares at the door for a while.

"Anyone else?", Ghul yells.

No one moves.

"Then let's continue", Ghul says walking back to the front of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over at the Batcave, The team is still in shock about Alfred's news. They sit around the Batcave quietly. 

"Well I'm gonna talk about the elephant in the room", Jenn says standing up.

Everyone turns and looks at her.

"If the Joker is this bad criminal like y'all say he is, why on earth would you give him the opportunity to even leave his cell.", Jenn states.

"I wasn't thinking, I was so focused on trying to find the last of the Proton Rings, that when he made the deal, I didn't even think about all of the possible outcomes of what he was asking", Bruce says.

"Well let's not point fingers, Our main priority is just figuring out what he's planning", Khalil says.

"What about removing Painkiller?", Jenn asks.

"With what we're dealing with, we might actually need the mind of Painkiller, to stop what's coming, so removing it will have to wait", Khalil states.

"That's a good idea because it will take me about 2 weeks to finish creating the device anyway, now that I have all of the materials", Alfred says.

"Well everything falls in line", Dionte says.

"I just wish we could figure out what this Jokester is even planning", Anissa says.

Just then, the large TV screen on the wall turns on. Joker appears.

"Greeting, Longtime Nemisis, and Soon to Be nemisis, If you are receiving this message, it means that I have broken out of Jail and my take over the world plan has begun", Joker says on the screen.

"Is this guy serious, he sounds like an action book villian", Dionte jokes.

"He technically is", Bruce says.

"As of today, Me and my strong willed evil friends will begin causing chaos around Gotham, and we hope Gotham's Savior can help them, I'll make it easier to start off with, and harder as we go on, because what's a little evil without a joke. And Batman better hurry, Jokers aren't to popular in card games", Joker says ending the message.

"We have to go!", Bruce says, "Suit up".

"Where are we going?", Dionte asks.

"Gotham Casino", Bruce says suiting up.

After about 5 minutes they leave and go to Gotham Casino. When they arrive civilians are running out of the building. One of the men comes up to Batman limping.

"Batman, thank god you're here", the man says, "and you brought back up".

"What's going on in there", Batman asks.

"Some dude name the Joker, he's gone mad, he came through smashing everything in his path, he's on a war path", the man says struggling to breathe.

"Is there anybody else in there", Thunder asks.

"Yeah, it's about 10 other dudes in Clown Masks", the man says.

"Ok get somewhere safe", Batman says.

They run into the casino, Joker and about 10 other dudes in Clown Mask stand in a line across the room. Joker begins clapping hysterically.

"Gotham's Savior is here!, and in record time if I may add", Joker jokes, "And he brought some friends".

"Why are you doing this?", Batman asks.

"It's what I do", Joker says, "I like games, but with a little destruction.

He points over to a table by the wall, which has a bomb that is set to go off in 2 minutes.

"Fight Quick", he says snapping his finger twice.

The Masked Criminals begin charging at them. Batman takes out his grappler, shoots it at the ceiling and swings over to the Joker, tackling him. They both jump up quick and begin to fight. The masked criminals get closer to the team. Thunder, thunder claps sending two of them flying back, knocking them unconscious, giving her room to get to the bomb. Painkiller takes out a metal chain, swinging it, he swings it at the 2 dudes running towards him, the chain hits one of them and knocks him into the other criminal. He pulls the chain back towards him and whips it again this time knocking them both out at the same time. The last 6 dudes run toward Lightning and Cryo. Lightning turns to Cryo and they nod at eachother. Cryo puts his hands on the ground and freezes it, causing the 6 men to begin sliding. Lightning throws two electronic balls at the men, knocking them out. At the back, Batman has Joker pinned down, choking him. Thunder struggling to defuse the bomb grabs it and hugs it, it explodes in her arms sending her flying up to the ceiling, then back down to the ground. The explosion causes Batman to turn and stare, Joker kicks him in the back and escapes through the back door.

They all run over to her. Batman holds out his hand and places it on her neck. 

"She has no pulse", Batman says.

Lightning stares at him in horror.