Chapter 4: Bat-Killer

The next morning, Anissa is up looking on The Freeland News website, She didn't sleep because she was worried about Freeland, so she was up trying to see if she can figure out what is going on. There's only one article that reads:

Several Soldiers in Blue Combat Suits, spotted roaming Freeland, Witnesses say they're some type of group hired by Freeland PD to round up Metas. It's been 2 weeks since we seen the Famous Meta Lightning turn evil, and terrorize Freeland, Going against her own team. I don't know about you, but this might just be what Freeland needs to get back to normal.

Just then Dionte walks in, Anissa close the computer, He lays down on her bed.

"Good Morning", Anissa says.

"Morning", Dionte replies.

"How'd you sleep" Anissa asks.

"Like I was sleeping on a cloud, that 1000 thread count sheets, felt like heaven", Dionte replies, "What about you?"

"Oh I slept good", Anissa says.

"Really?, Because this bed looks like it hasn't been slept in", Dionte replies.

"Oh, I just get up early and make my bed", Anissa says.

"You also get up early and decide to lie, when are you gonna tell us about the trouble that's in Freeland", Dionte asks.

"How you know?", Anissa asks.

"Come on Anissa, why else would Jeff WANT to keep his girls away from him, something has to be more dangerous back in Freeland", Dionte says.

"Well it is, but you can't tell Jennifer, you know how she gets, she will literally fly back to Freeland to fight for the family, and as much as I want to run back to Freeland, staying here is our best bet", Anissa replies.

"Ok cool, but I still want to know exactly what's happening", Dionte says.

Anissa exhales deeply then opens up her computer. Dionte begins reading then looks at her confused.

"I don't get what's the issue, we have fought meta hunters before, what makes them different?", Dionte asks.

"I don't know that's what I was trying to figure out, but all I could get out of him was that Grace got hurt pretty badly, and these men we're dangerous" Anissa replies.

"Oh is Grace okay?" Dionte says.

"Yeah, but it just hurts, that I'm not there to comfort her right now", Anissa says.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up over this, you didn't know that people would start hunting metas when you decided to come to Gotham", Dionte says.

"Yeah you're right", Anissa says.

Just then Jenn and Khalil walks into her room.

"I guess we didn't get invite to the party", Khalil says.

"And how did you two end up together", Dionte asks smirking.

"Chill, it's not like that, we just happened to walk down the hall this way at the same time", Khalil say.

"Yeah okay", Anissa says laughing and nudging Dionte.

Jenn rolls her eyes.

"The weird butler wants us down there for Breakfast", Jenn says.

"What makes him weird?", Anissa asks.

"He just has everything figured out, he literally takes care of everything", Jenn replies.

"That's his job!", Anissa jokes.

"Yeah, Well he's too good at it, and that makes him weird", Jenn says.