Chapter 7: The Proton Ring Hunt - Part 3

Anissa and Dionte exchange looks.

"Well, who are you, and why are you going down to the basement during my Gala?", Josh Bell says.

"Uhh....", Anissa starts.

"They're with me!", a voice says down the hall.

They turn to see Bruce Wayne walking down the hallway.

"Oh Mr. Wayne, I wasn't expecting you tonight", Josh says.

"Neither was I, but I finished up a business meeting early, and decided to pay a visit to the gala to check on the security system I paid for, for the Proton Ring", Bruce says.

"Ok, so why are they here?" Josh says pointing to Anissa and Dionte.

"I sent them here, to check on it for me, I figured there would be no confusion but I come in here just now and you're questioning them about viewing the lab in which I bought", Bruce says.

"Well this is my building", Josh says.

"Don't forget who bought you this building!", Bruce says.

"First off I didn't know who bought it, the bank told me someone donated me money for the building, the only catch was that I had to store a powerful object here", Josh says.

"Well now you know who it was, So if you will excuse us, we have a Proton Ring to examine, and you have a party to host.", Bruce says walking onto the elevator.

Anissa and Dionte stare in amazement, then walk on the elevator with him. As they're going down he's checking his watch.

"Wow we didn't know you owned the Proton Ring", Anissa says.

"I don't", Bruce says, "But he doesn't know that".

"Excuse me?", Dionte asks.

"You two have to learn how to deal with things under pressure, you see you only know combat, but no regular field work", Bruce says.

"Combat is Regular Field Work", Anissa says.

"No, Combat is Combat, knowing how, when, and what to do while you're out in the field at all times, is regular, Field Work", Bruce says.

The elevator falls silence. After bypassing the second retina scan, and Dionte using his Freezing powers to short out the password protectors, they make it through all of the system protections. When they get to the final floor in the basement, the doors to the room open. They walk in, and sitting at the end of the room is a case with a Purple Proton Ring in it.

"Which Proton Ring is that?", Bruce Wayne asks.

"It's the Soul Ring", Alfred says to Anissa.

"It's the Soul Ring", Anissa says to Bruce.

"Is that Alfred?", Bruce asks.

"Yes it is!", Dionte says, "How'd you know?"

"Alfred normally answers my questions when I'm out in the field, he's the one that told me to come help you guys", Bruce says.

"Well he's been very helpful for us, and so are you for allowing us to stay at your mansion", Anissa

"Y'all are at my house?", Bruce says turning to Anissa.

"Yeah, I though you invited us", Dionte says nervously.

"Oh I did, I just like to make people sweat, it keeps them on their toes", Bruce says.

Dionte shakes his head laughing. They step forward and lasers shoot out from the wall from one end to the next, making an array of deadly laser points.